Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If the Steelers draft Warmack then.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If Warmack falls to #17 then there is something wrong with him. If any of Joekel, Milliner, Fisher, Werner, Moore, Jones, Lotulelei, Johnson, or Rhodes are there...I'm picking one of them before Warmack.
    Johnson and Rhodes are the ones I see being available. Possibly Milliner. The rest will be gone. I would consider trading back 5 or 6 picks and taking Deandre Hopkins or Cordarelle Patterson at WR.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Johnson and Rhodes are the ones I see being available. Possibly Milliner. The rest will be gone. I would consider trading back 5 or 6 picks and taking Deandre Hopkins or Cordarelle Patterson at WR.
    I think that is a very realistic possibility. Luxury versus need is out the window this year. If they are sitting there with an OT, CB, & OG graded there and no OLB...The best thing to do may be trading back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Chance Warmack is rated in the top 5 players (at any position) in this draft. If he falls to 1.17 the Steelers will take him and not look back, that's what they do, they draft BPA and I'm guessing that unless there are some drastic problems with the players rated ahead of Warmack they will all be gone by 1.17. You can't get enough value when you draft and Warmack would be tremendous value at 1.17, it's not like all the linemen drafted by the Steelers recently are lighting it up (regardless of reason). If he's there, he'll be a Steeler in my opinion.
    Totally agree with this Pap! This is what the Steelers do.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm curious what you guys and gals would think about the following scenario. If Geno Smith (14th rated player) and/or Matt Barkley (20th rated player) are available at 1.17 do the Steelers consider either one of them? It looks like Smith will be gone, but who knows, I don't think either of these guys is in the same zip code as Luck, Griffin and Wilson as far as being ready to play in the NFL, so if one falls to 1.17 do the Steelers consider the future and groom one of them for the next three to four years? I've seen a lot of negative comments on Barkley and I think I would stay away from a USC quarterback (Palmer, Cassel, Sanchez and Leinart are enough reasons for me), but either of these guys could be a reasonably priced backup and potential replacement if you think they'll develop into an NFL caliber quarterback.

Just curious...

Pappy
    Only if this happens....

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39862-Ben-to-Arizona-Cardinals-trade-would-you-do-this[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash