Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think it's time

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Cutting Harrison saves $5.1 million off the cap, and that might be the one we see. I cant see any way they cut Troy.
    Considering that they played better without him than with him, and that he has missed huge portions of playing time with injury, they absolutely should consider it. I have little confidence that he will play like he used to in his prime for any length of time, or ever, for that matter.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'd rather have Ivory over Peyton Hillis. What could the tender possibly be on Ivory?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Considering that they played better without him than with him, and that he has missed huge portions of playing time with injury, they absolutely should consider it. I have little confidence that he will play like he used to in his prime for any length of time, or ever, for that matter.
    Played better without Harrison? No they didn't.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yeah, I dont think so either. The defense sucked at the beginning of the year when Harrison and Troy were out. I think it took until late in the year for James to start to resemble his old self. If he is cut we go from scary thin to starved at OLB. But he may have to go and we will sink or swim with Worilds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd rather have Ivory over Peyton Hillis. What could the tender possibly be on Ivory?
    Good question. I'm thinking its worth pursuing a player like Ivory, he has proven NFL ability, is young, and I'm sure they could find the room to sign him if they wanted to. If we have so many issues with the cap how are we supposed to improve as a team? Maybe luck of the draft, I don't know but the Steelers have to explore every option they have.

Btw, Harrison is a playmaker even at 80%, @ 100% one of the best in the business even at his age. difference maker is what I would call James, Woodley needs to follow that lead.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, better without Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The defense had no one to take Harisons spot while he was out. No one that took his spot and was a factor I meant. Finally we found someone that could fill Troys shoe's or at least the defense could function when they pulled Mundy out of there and replace him with Allen.

I really think the Steeler believed/believe Mundy is the answer to Troy when Troys days are over and they are sadly mistaken. We have a secondary that isn't getting any younger or better and this team needs to address it with the draft and free agency signings and not the other teams cast offs either. They need to sign desirable players. Lewis is younger and he's decent so far but, I think we would have noticed if he had any ball hawking skills. Yep, the defenses today need to put the ball in their own offenses hands as many times ossible if your going to be a champion. These stats with yards allowed that determine the ranking in the NFL are for crap.
    All my brave talk means nothing because this team is in a finacial funk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The picks needed usually seem way too much for the player received. What would teams have to give us in draft picks to get Wallace last year? A first rounder and more? He wasn't worth it, as it was proven over the season. I am sure no team regretted passing on him.
    That's one example.
    Wes Welker went to the Pats for a 3rd round pick, how'd that work out for them??

Lets say someone gave Keenan Lewis a contract last year when he was a RFA. a team would have given up a 3rd round pick, worth it???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some 2013 NFL Free Agents that seem like they may fill voids we have. Obviously us making any moves in free agency is dependent on what we do personel wise to free up cap money. Some of these would be more expensive than others, but I don't think any would be bank breakers.....(this includes some of our own FA's I think we need to take a long look at keeping)

Quarterbacks:
    Brian Hoyer – ARI
    Drew Stanton – IND
    Brady Quinn – KC
    Matt Moore – MIA

Running Backs:
    Justin Forsett – HOU
    Chris Ivory – NO – (RFA)
    Mike Goodson – OAK
    Jonathan Dwyer – PIT – (RFA)
    Jackie Battle – SD
    Steven Jackson – STL
    LeGarrette Blount – TB – (RFA)

Fullbacks:
    Owen Schmitt – FA

Wide Receivers:
    Mohamed Massaquoi – CLE
    Kevin Ogletree – DAL
    Dwayne Bowe – KC
    Brian Hartline – MIA
    Ramses Barden – NYG
    Plaxico Burress – PIT

Tight Ends:
    Maurice Stovall – JAC
    Anthony Fasano – MIA
    Dustin Keller – NYJ
    Chris Cooley – WAS

Offensive Tackles:
    Max Starks – PIT

Guards:
    Ramon Foster – PIT
    Doug Legursky – PIT

Linebackers:
    Paul Kruger – BAL
    Rey Maualuga – CIN
    Scott Fujita – CLE

Cornerbacks:
    Keenan Lewis – PIT

Safeties:
    Pat Chung – NE

Legend

User Info Menu

I tought you needed cap money to sign free agents. We don't have any!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"