Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think it's time

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I tought you needed cap money to sign free agents. We don't have any!
    I think we will be cutting vets and restructuring others to create the room we need.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is no doubt they will have to do a lot of maneuvering to have any cap space to make any moves. But I think they have to. What they won't be doing is signing any FA that are costly. They won't have any space for that which is why ANY semi big name is not an option; only bargain guys will be considered. That is why I spend no time thinking about options like Steve Jackson - who won't be top $ because of age - but will still command more than the bargain basement price tag. Pgh will only consider the real bargains, and that is still the case even if they have cap space.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    There is no doubt they will have to do a lot of maneuvering to have any cap space to make any moves. But I think they have to. What they won't be doing is signing any FA that are costly. They won't have any space for that which is why ANY semi big name is not an option; only bargain guys will be considered. That is why I spend no time thinking about options like Steve Jackson - who won't be top $ because of age - but will still command more than the bargain basement price tag. Pgh will only consider the real bargains, and that is still the case even if they have cap space.
    i.e. Larry Grant or Larry Foote. Grant would be an upgrade over Foote and would come cheap.
    Here comes the BOOM!