Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah Youtube clip

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    By the way, where do you see him as 24 years old? I have read that his birthday is Jan. 1991. That would make him 22.
    Senior Bowl reports. Dane Brugler reported his birthday is actually 05/29/1989.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't think the extra two years will hurt him...after all, he doesn't have much football wear-and-tear on his body. We badly need an OLB, since Harrison is likely gone and Woodley can't be counted upon...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Don't think the extra two years will hurt him...after all, he doesn't have much football wear-and-tear on his body. We badly need an OLB, since Harrison is likely gone and Woodley can't be counted upon...
    Agreed! And the Steelers have never rushed their DE to OLB conversion players. They will have no problem drafting him if he is the BPA on their board regardless of whether or not they will get an immediate return. This dude has Beast Mode potential. And If all comes together we could be looking back later at the best player in this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In this video from the ND - BYU game he looks like an active player, drawing some double teams here and there, but he spends quite a bit of time locked up one on one with a lone OT. Maybe this is simply due to his inexperience with the game and he will get better with coaching, but do we really want to drop the 17th pick in the draft on a guy that may need 2 or 3 years of development when we have so many immediate needs? I know the saying is you draft BPA but I'm pretty sure we can find a damn near day one starter at a greater position of need at 17. Just my thoughts.

[URL]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMFY ELG3ItAk[/URL]
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-23-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    In this video from the ND - BYU game he looks like an active player, drawing some double teams here and there, but he spends quite a bit of time locked up one on one with a lone OT. Maybe this is simply do to his inexperience with the game and he will get better with coaching, but do we really want to drop the 17th pick in the draft on a guy that may need 2 or 3 years of development when we have so many immediate needs? I know the saying is you draft BPA but I'm pretty sure we can find a damn near day one starter at a greater position of need at 17. Just my thoughts.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking, there will be a player available that will probably start or at least see significant playing time next year for the Steelers, one of the defensive tackles, Warmack, Ogletree, Patterson, Te'o, or Minter. I just don't see drafting a project with a lot of day one ready to go players probably being available.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=3Dp4M68Tfw0[/url]

He refers to himself as a 'delicate flower' and says he was apprehensive to try playing football for a while due to the physicality of the game. Not saying that he obviously isn't over that apprehension, but it just seems like a riskier pick than some of the other prospects that will be there on the board when our name is called.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In this video from the ND - BYU game he looks like an active player, drawing some double teams here and there, but he spends quite a bit of time locked up one on one with a lone OT. Maybe this is simply due to his inexperience with the game and he will get better with coaching, but do we really want to drop the 17th pick in the draft on a guy that may need 2 or 3 years of development when we have so many immediate needs? I know the saying is you draft BPA but I'm pretty sure we can find a damn near day one starter at a greater position of need at 17. Just my thoughts.

[URL="http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMFY ELG3ItAk"]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMFY ELG3ItAk[/URL]
    All I know is he's played only 3 years of football and in just this last year he improved at an accelerated level. Almost like night to day. The light came on and he became a big time player. I think another year and he is a monster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL="http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMFY ELG3ItAk"]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMFY ELG3ItAk[/URL]
    Oh and we are talking about a specimen who is 6 ft 6 272 lbs and can run a 10.91 100 meters. He's as strong, quick, fast, relentless, and and not even scratching the surface yet. I would not want to pass on that. Again, if he is coming off the edge standing up in a 3-4 he is going to be hard to contain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    All I know is he's played only 3 years of football and in just this last year he improved at an accelerated level. Almost like night to day. The light came on and he became a big time player. I think another year and he is a monster.
    Could be Dub. He certainly does have some crazy dimensions and attributes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I haven't seen him enough to form an opinion. The clips look good. The drills at the Senior Bowl are not so impressive. The NFL network guys at the Senior Bowl say that the JPP comparisons are a bit off and that he does not have that sort of flexibility and agility.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.