Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah Youtube clip

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I will be here on PS talking/screaming about why the Steelers didn't draft him.
    This, always this, how many times do we do this now? We're never on here screaming about people we wanted the Steelers to draft when they didn't pan out in the NFL.

Ansah is worth the risk. His upside is higher than that of almost any other first round pass rusher. He is a bit more boom/bust than I would like, but he would be worth it.
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-25-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This, always this, how many times do we do this now? However we're never on here screaming about people we wanted the Steelers to draft and don't pan out in the NFL.

Ansah is worth the risk. His upside is higher than that of almost any other first round pass rusher. He is a bit more boom/bust than I would like, but he would be worth it.
    Ansah is totally worth and it and I'll say Dion Jordan is too. They are hybrids who I think can help the pass rush and still be effective in coverage. I like the fact that if we get smart and go to the 4-3 they also project well as DE in that formation.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ansah is totally worth and it and I'll say Dion Jordan is too. They are hybrids who I think can help the pass rush and still be effective in coverage. I like the fact that if we get smart and go to the 4-3 they also project well as DE in that formation.
    So far he is doing very well in this Senior Bowl game. I think he is the type of player you don't focus so much on how he does in individual drills but more so how he does in a game.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It is interesting you keep beating the 4-3 drum. When more teams every year switch to the 3-4. Have heard but not confirm the Browns and Saints might/are going 3-4. Must be a reason in todays NFL to run a 3-4.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    It is interesting you keep beating the 4-3 drum. When more teams every year switch to the 3-4. Have heard but not confirm the Browns and Saints might/are going 3-4. Must be a reason in todays NFL to run a 3-4.
    I don't mind we run the 3-4. I do mind our 3-4 takes multiple seasons to either learn, or earn a shot to take the field in Lebeau's eyes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I don't mind we run the 3-4. I do mind our 3-4 takes multiple seasons to either learn, or earn a shot to take the field in Lebeau's eyes.
    Will it change much once he is retired if Butler is the man? I am not sure if it is just Lebeau. It is a combination of things that cause this. But grooming players has paid off in my eyes. Will see if this can continue this year. I have concerns with Lewis. Don't want to groom players then lose them of course.