Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben still snubbed, but does he deserve it?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben still snubbed, but does he deserve it?

So, the fellas on NFL Network were chatting after the games last Sunday. Someone asked if Joe Flacco was now considered an elite QB and Deion said that, no, he wasn't until he won a ring. He said all of the current elite QBs have won a ring(s), citing Rogers, both Mannings, Brady and Brees, making no mention of Ben. And then Rich Eisen asked, "what about Big Ben" in which Deion "seemingly" gave a half-hearted "yup" but it didn't feel like he meant it that much.

So, once again, every time elite QBs are brought up, they typically don't include Ben.

I used to have a problem with that.

I'm not sure I still do.

Yes, he won 2 rings and made it to a 3rd SB. Does that ALONE give him the status of an elite QB? Normally, I'd say it does. But, to be honest, he was outplayed in every SB he was in. Vs. Seattle he was awful; they won IN SPITE of Ben, not because of him. Vs. AZ, had Harrison not taken the pic 6 100 yards, they'd have lost that one. Vs. GB he had the chance to be clutch and win the game, and he was major FAIL.

And, if you are making a list of the QBs that are elite, in the here and now, I really don't know if he qualifies. I would take many QBs before I'd take Ben on an NFL team. If you consider his play since the GB SB, how well has he played, really? Take off the blinders and really consider which QBs he is really better than. Considering the play offs, I would rank the following ahead of the CURRENT BB.

Peyton Manning
    Brady
    Brees
    Rogers
    Eli Manning
    Kaepernick - I don't care if he hasn't won a ring yet, he will, and he is better than BB right now.
    Flacco - Can't argue with his play this season - he is better than BB right now.
    Russell Wilson
    Ryan Matthews - You can say he hasn't won anything but it's not his fault. He has been a prolific passer, it's his D that lets him down in the post season. He put up 24 and lost to SF. They had a 17 point lead and blew it.

Let's also not forget: Ben had the post season in his grip and he failed the two chances he had against Dallas and Cinci. That is hardly clutch. The clutch Ben may be gone forever.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

lol, yet another ridiculous post.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    lol, yet another ridiculous post.
    Refute the assertions if you can. Making blanket "this is ridiculous" doesn't specify as to why. Anyone can do that, including 3-year-olds. Compare and contrast those points which are not true. Offer legit debate, using logic and reason.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We gonna miss this guy when hes gone,wait and see!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Refute the assertions if you can. Making blanket "this is ridiculous" doesn't specify as to why. Anyone can do that, including 3-year-olds. Compare and contrast those points which are not true. Offer legit debate, using logic and reason.
    Any number of people could go through that post and rip it apart. Listing statistics, winning percentage etc, etc, etc. However at what gain? What do I have to gain by refuting one of your ridiculous posts? Will you promise to post something more ridiculous? You've been posting since August and you're already over 1475 posts and of that 1475 at least 1400 are ridiculous. It's like we were all dropped on to the movie set of Super Troopers and you're here doing your best Farva impersonation. I'm not going to waste my time breaking it down. You'll still be talking crazy when all the dust settles.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

Peyton Manning
    Brady
    Brees
    Rogers
    Eli Manning
    Kaepernick - I don't care if he hasn't won a ring yet, he will, and he is better than BB right now.
    Flacco - Can't argue with his play this season - he is better than BB right now.
    Russell Wilson
    Ryan Matthews - You can say he hasn't won anything but it's not his fault. He has been a prolific passer, it's his D that lets him down in the post season. He put up 24 and lost to SF. They had a 17 point lead and blew it.

Let's also not forget: Ben had the post season in his grip and he failed the two chances he had against Dallas and Cinci. That is hardly clutch. The clutch Ben may be gone forever.
    I would rate the QBs like this

#1 is clearly Ryan Matthews, that guy is an awesome QB
    #2 Colin Kaepernick, who cares if he hasnt even played a whole season hes awesome right?
    #3 Russell Wilson, may move up to #1 if Ryan Mattehws ever starts playing RB in San Diego again
    #4 Mike Vick
    #5 Kordell Stewart, I dont care what anyone says remember what he did in 97? He can do it again, just needs a chance

After that Manning, Brady Rodgers. They didnt make the Super Bowl this year so they clearly are losing elite status.

Ben fits in somewhere with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brandon Weedon, maybe hes a little behind them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    I would rate the QBs like this

#1 is clearly Ryan Matthews, that guy is an awesome QB
    #2 Colin Kaepernick, who cares if he hasnt even played a whole season hes awesome right?
    #3 Russell Wilson, may move up to #1 if Ryan Mattehws ever starts playing RB in San Diego again
    #4 Mike Vick
    #5 Kordell Stewart, I dont care what anyone says remember what he did in 97? He can do it again, just needs a chance

After that Manning, Brady Rodgers. They didnt make the Super Bowl this year so they clearly are losing elite status.

Ben fits in somewhere with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brandon Weedon, maybe hes a little behind them.
    lmao. I agree with ALL OF THE ABOVE in unequivocal fashion. Are you a NFL GM somewhere? Lombardi IS THAT YOU!?!?! (Nah you wouldn't be the guy dicking up the Browns) EDIT: I didn't want to be the guy to put out the Ryan Matthews problem. I've been accused of "breaking the conduct" rules by Mr. Roid in recent past. I figured I'd take it easy this time out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can someone define "Elite"?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Can someone define "Elite"?
    apparently good rushing stats have something to do with it

Kaepernick, Wilson, Matthews...

yep, must have something to do with rushing stats

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu