Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name two areas the Steelers must improve on the most for 2013

Legend

User Info Menu

Dominate the LOS.

If the Steelers do that, most everything else will fall into place nicely.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Injuries and wins. And they go and in hand. Steelers lost 5 games by 3 points or less. I think you guys over-think this stuff. If the Steelers franchise QB stays healthy this team makes a run.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Injuries and wins. And they go and in hand. Steelers lost 5 games by 3 points or less. I think you guys over-think this stuff. If the Steelers franchise QB stays healthy this team makes a run.
    In this case, I don't think it's as simple as that. There was a team chemistry problem with this team; only teams founded in unity make any kind of run. They have to feel a unified purpose and effort and feel they each have each others' backs. This team failed that test, as they have in ever poor season we have had in the Ben era. The season where there was a fraction among the team and/or coaches, they under-performed. Ben, with his whining and childish complaints about the play calling, several players showcasing a lack of discipline - this team was not going to contend in the post season because they didn't have a quality team chemistry. Until they do, they will continue to disappoint.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS.

That is the most sensible statement I 've heard, then again I always believed that

Jessie WIllams & Chance Warmack could be that dominate package we're looking for.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

All areas need improvement. They can't afford to stand pat in any area. Seriously we had a terrible season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Thr Running game and the play of the WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    In this case, I don't think it's as simple as that. There was a team chemistry problem with this team; only teams founded in unity make any kind of run. They have to feel a unified purpose and effort and feel they each have each others' backs. This team failed that test, as they have in ever poor season we have had in the Ben era. The season where there was a fraction among the team and/or coaches, they under-performed. Ben, with his whining and childish complaints about the play calling, several players showcasing a lack of discipline - this team was not going to contend in the post season because they didn't have a quality team chemistry. Until they do, they will continue to disappoint.
    I think it is that easy. Winning changes chemistry. As does losing. If Ben doesn't get hurt, this team wins, makes a run in the playoffs, and most everyone has no issue with chemistry. Well...maybe not everyone...there is you...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    All areas need improvement. They can't afford to stand pat in any area. Seriously we had a terrible season.
    The franchise QB got hurt. That is the main reason why this team fell short. I do not think all areas need improving. It isn't that bad Chuck. Some tweaking and things will be just fine..as long as #7 stays healthy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dominate the LOS.

This is it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Dominate the LOS.

I completely agree, I think we need to let some of our younger guys play on D and draft a monster for the LG position. Pouncey and DeCastro just aren't raw power guys. Hopefully Warford doesn't raise his stock too much so we can get him in the 2nd. I think he completes the line for us and we will be able to control the LOS on Offense
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242