Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Name two areas the Steelers must improve on the most for 2013

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,559
    Dominate the LOS.

    If the Steelers do that, most everything else will fall into place nicely.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Injuries and wins. And they go and in hand. Steelers lost 5 games by 3 points or less. I think you guys over-think this stuff. If the Steelers franchise QB stays healthy this team makes a run.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Injuries and wins. And they go and in hand. Steelers lost 5 games by 3 points or less. I think you guys over-think this stuff. If the Steelers franchise QB stays healthy this team makes a run.
    In this case, I don't think it's as simple as that. There was a team chemistry problem with this team; only teams founded in unity make any kind of run. They have to feel a unified purpose and effort and feel they each have each others' backs. This team failed that test, as they have in ever poor season we have had in the Ben era. The season where there was a fraction among the team and/or coaches, they under-performed. Ben, with his whining and childish complaints about the play calling, several players showcasing a lack of discipline - this team was not going to contend in the post season because they didn't have a quality team chemistry. Until they do, they will continue to disappoint.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS.

    If the Steelers do that, most everything else will fall into place nicely.
    That is the most sensible statement I 've heard, then again I always believed that

    Jessie WIllams & Chance Warmack could be that dominate package we're looking for.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-22-2013 at 06:16 PM.

  5. #15
    Backup Chucktownsteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    323
    All areas need improvement. They can't afford to stand pat in any area. Seriously we had a terrible season.

  6. #16
    Thr Running game and the play of the WR.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    In this case, I don't think it's as simple as that. There was a team chemistry problem with this team; only teams founded in unity make any kind of run. They have to feel a unified purpose and effort and feel they each have each others' backs. This team failed that test, as they have in ever poor season we have had in the Ben era. The season where there was a fraction among the team and/or coaches, they under-performed. Ben, with his whining and childish complaints about the play calling, several players showcasing a lack of discipline - this team was not going to contend in the post season because they didn't have a quality team chemistry. Until they do, they will continue to disappoint.
    I think it is that easy. Winning changes chemistry. As does losing. If Ben doesn't get hurt, this team wins, makes a run in the playoffs, and most everyone has no issue with chemistry. Well...maybe not everyone...there is you...
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    All areas need improvement. They can't afford to stand pat in any area. Seriously we had a terrible season.
    The franchise QB got hurt. That is the main reason why this team fell short. I do not think all areas need improving. It isn't that bad Chuck. Some tweaking and things will be just fine..as long as #7 stays healthy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS.

    If the Steelers do that, most everything else will fall into place nicely.
    This is it.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  10. #20
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dominate the LOS.

    If the Steelers do that, most everything else will fall into place nicely.
    I completely agree, I think we need to let some of our younger guys play on D and draft a monster for the LG position. Pouncey and DeCastro just aren't raw power guys. Hopefully Warford doesn't raise his stock too much so we can get him in the 2nd. I think he completes the line for us and we will be able to control the LOS on Offense

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •