Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to our forum hawaiian!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shout out to our forum hawaiian!

Thank you for posting all the of the articles you post. Not only do you post them individually in their own posts, but also correlate them to the topic at hand with in posts. It's appreciated!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Administrator

User Info Menu

I could probably automate the process but then hawaiiansteel's post count would be negatively impcated
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with both of the above posts

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

By calling out Hawaiian personally, this is an ad hominem attack and subject to disciplinary actions.

Okay, I know it wasn't an attack. I just felt left out because I'd never used the term "ad hominem" on the forum yet.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ford fixer does a great job also, kudos to both.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    By calling out Hawaiian personally, this is an ad hominem attack and subject to disciplinary actions.

Okay, I know it wasn't an attack. I just felt left out because I'd never used the term "ad hominem" on the forum yet.
    Yes, but you didn't use the term correctly.

[url]http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem[/url]

When a person uses an ad hominem attack during a debate, it's just a sure sign that they lost the argument. But according to stated board rules, ad hominem attacks are prohibited, even though they have been used towards me. I have no way of knowing, but those involved with ad hominem attacks were warned to stop the rule-breaking posts. As we have all seen, those dealing in them have stopped, and we can imagine why: warnings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lloydroid; 01-22-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Agreed. Good source for information and good spark to conversation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Ford is the man as well!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Thank you for posting all the of the articles you post. Not only do you post them individually in their own posts, but also correlate them to the topic at hand with in posts. It's appreciated!
    HI is good people.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yes, but you didn't use the term correctly.

[URL]http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem[/URL]

When a person uses an ad hominem attack during a debate, it's just a sure sign that they lost the argument. But according to stated board rules, ad hominem attacks are prohibited, even though they have been used towards me. I have no way of knowing, but those involved with ad hominem attacks were warned to stop the rule-breaking posts. As we have all seen, those dealing in them have stopped, and we can imagine why: warnings.
    Someone could argue it's impossible to appeal to intellect when none exists.

That's why people ad hominemate me all the time.