Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Herr Goodell Was Truly Concerned For Player Safety...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same thing. Harrison would have been flagged AND fined for some of those hits. Double standard for Goodell's beloved Rats.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

H2H hits on RB's are fully legal. By the leagues rules, that knockout blow to Ridley was a masterful, punishing tackle that will be on highlight reels for years to come.

I must of missed the hit on Welker.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-slide-review-baltimore-ravens-012213?ocid=ansfox11[/URL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Why is that?

I know he should fine Tom Brady if he is going to fine Suh...

Brady's slide vs. Ravens under review
    Tom Brady could be fined if the NFL believes this slide violated player safety rules.

UPDATED JAN 22, 2013 6:07 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP)
    The NFL is looking into Tom Brady's leg-up slide that hit Ravens safety Ed Reed in the AFC championship game.

Brady could be subject to a fine if the league believes he violated any player safety rules.

During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid at the end of an impromptu run. The quarterback's upraised leg hit the onrushing Reed, who temporarily limped away. Reed was not injured.

Reed says Brady attempted to apologize this week for the slide.

''He actually reached out to me, texted me,'' Reed told WJZ-FM in Baltimore. ''I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him. ... He's just apologized and what not. But I told him, `You know, it's good, man.'''

Reed did not believe Brady was trying to hurt him.

''I know he's a great player,'' Reed said. ''I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.''

Ravens safety Bernard Pollard said Monday that Brady should be disciplined by the NFL, which levies fines on defensive players for helmet-to-helmet hits.

''If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions,'' Pollard said, adding Brady ''knew what he was doing.

''It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don't, that's fine. If they do, then that's fine.''

Baltimore beat New England 28-13 for the AFC championship Sunday.
    Last edited by fordfixer; 01-22-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta be consistent Roger.

Starter

User Info Menu

sad but very true. I think he was a lawyer in his past life.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Goodell is concerned with whatever will prevent a lawsuit #1 and what the owners want #2

Starter

User Info Menu

With the intensity in that game I am surprised Reed did not get back up and point a finger @ Brady as a warning. He basically let the whole thing go.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    [URL]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-england-patriots-tom-brady-slide-review-baltimore-ravens-012213?ocid=ansfox11[/URL]

Brady's slide vs. Ravens under review
    Tom Brady could be fined if the NFL believes this slide violated player safety rules.

UPDATED JAN 22, 2013 6:07 PM ET

NEW YORK (AP)
    The NFL is looking into Tom Brady's leg-up slide that hit Ravens safety Ed Reed in the AFC championship game.

Brady could be subject to a fine if the league believes he violated any player safety rules.

During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid at the end of an impromptu run. The quarterback's upraised leg hit the onrushing Reed, who temporarily limped away. Reed was not injured.

Reed says Brady attempted to apologize this week for the slide.

''He actually reached out to me, texted me,'' Reed told WJZ-FM in Baltimore. ''I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him. ... He's just apologized and what not. But I told him, `You know, it's good, man.'''

Reed did not believe Brady was trying to hurt him.

''I know he's a great player,'' Reed said. ''I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.''

Ravens safety Bernard Pollard said Monday that Brady should be disciplined by the NFL, which levies fines on defensive players for helmet-to-helmet hits.

''If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions,'' Pollard said, adding Brady ''knew what he was doing.

''It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don't, that's fine. If they do, then that's fine.''

Baltimore beat New England 28-13 for the AFC championship Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    H2H hits on RB's are fully legal. By the leagues rules, that knockout blow to Ridley was a masterful, punishing tackle that will be on highlight reels for years to come.

I must of missed the hit on Welker.
    True.

Even with the Harrison fine that started it all against Clev, he was fined for the hit on Massaquoi, but not the H2H on Cribbs - who was a wildcat QB on that play.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    True.

Even with the Harrison fine that started it all against Clev, he was fined for the hit on Massaquoi, but not the H2H on Cribbs - who was a wildcat QB on that play.
    What Pollard did is just as bad as what Harrison did, only no fine and no suspension...

That is what makes Goodell laughable...