Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Woodley has to eat Crow

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A few points:

1. Good one, Costanza!!

2. I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

3. After every loss it seems that Woodley is saying, "Now we're motivated. Now we're focused. Time to get to work." Tired of it.

4. Would someone to tell him to stop it with the ridiculous kick after his sacks? Doesn't anyone think that a man his size shouldn't be doing that??? ESPECIALLY with his hamstring issues

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lamar missed some games due to injury, but so did James Harrison. Harrison missed a quarter of the season before he was able to play, and then had to get in game shape.
    Here are the numbers between the two:

WOODLEY

solo ast total sacks

27 11 38 4

HARRISON

SOLO AST TOTAL SACKS

49 21 70 6

The only thing going for Lamar is his age, past performance, and if he's healthy he'll play up to his potential....maybe!

James has his age against him but not effort, this guy trains like Ike Taylor and is shape except for injury. When healthy he is a force and IMO more productive than Woodley. I really wish we could keep James, but its business I guess.

Colbert said Woodley was always big, ok, what the problem then? I noticed he isn't as quick as in the past and his numbers show something isn't right.
    As was pointed out here, if he has a similar year next season, it shoudn't even be a thought.....cut him!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Woodley and the entire defense lived off of, did well because of James Harrison. Now that James is done so goes our defense.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Woodley and the entire defense lived off of, did well because of James Harrison. Now that James is done so goes our defense.
    I disagree...Polamalu is/was the key...

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree...Polamalu is/was the key...

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...
    They are both pretty key. The stats out there about with vs without Troy speak for themselves. The defense really thrived after Harrison returned this year. Timmons in particular seemed to benefit from his presence and from the attention that he drew.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lee Flowers once declared the Bucs paper champs. Not to long after the Bucs went on to win the SB. Talk is cheap.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    They are both pretty key. The stats out there about with vs without Troy speak for themselves. The defense really thrived after Harrison returned this year. Timmons in particular seemed to benefit from his presence and from the attention that he drew.

I thought the defense picked up when Harrison rejoined the team after his injury, then we he got in game shape it picked up even more, as well as him making plays.
    No doubt both are critical in our defense but I thought Allen played well in Troy's absence but the level of play without JH wasn't as good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Our secondary played much better last year without Troy...when they could play their normal positions vs. having to try and figure out what Troy is doing then having to adjust to that, and then having our SS up at the LOS half the time. Time to cut ties with Troy and Harrison and replace them with other playmakers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Our secondary played much better last year without Troy...when they could play their normal positions vs. having to try and figure out what Troy is doing then having to adjust to that, and then having our SS up at the LOS half the time. Time to cut ties with Troy and Harrison and replace them with other playmakers.
    You will NEVER REPLACE either. There has NEVER been a Steeler LB as hard-hitting and menacing as Harrison, and that includes Lambert, Ham and - my previous favorite - Lloyd. Harrison was a DESERVING DMVP of the year. No other LB has ever brought the insane impact as #92, ever.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Lee Flowers once declared the Bucs paper champs. Not to long after the Bucs went on to win the SB. Talk is cheap.
    You won't hear any of the Pats talk that kind of smack. They are too well coached and too smart.