Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lamar Woodley has to eat Crow

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing Ray Lewis reaction to losing this game. Unlike Brady the statue, how are they going to stop Kaepernick? Kap's passing is getting better and better by the week. Jim is also a better coach than John.

49'ers also have a much better D than the Patriots. Might be a good game, but 49'ers will pull away in the end.
    I agree BigRob. There were a few times that Brady went to scramble and with his putrid skills couldn't really go anywhere which I think kaepernick will gash them. I think San Fran will win this one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

kaepernick,
    Beware of Pollard if you plan on running with the ball.
    The Ravens will win this game, and RAY will have one last dance at the Parade in Baltimore

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Monday on Sports Talk 1040 Radio in Florida that he has no intentions on training with renowned trainer Tom Shaw down in Florida this offseason. Shaw, who currently trains Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and a number of other NFL players down at the Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, offered Woodley an invitation to train with him after the season ended and help him avoid the hamstring injuries that have cost him games the last two seasons. "No I wont, Woodley said, when asked if he would be training with Shaw during the offseason.

He claims if a trainer has a remedy for high ankle sprains he'll consider, he said it had nothing to do with hammys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Monday on Sports Talk 1040 Radio in Florida that he has no intentions on training with renowned trainer Tom Shaw down in Florida this offseason. Shaw, who currently trains Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor and a number of other NFL players down at the Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, offered Woodley an invitation to train with him after the season ended and help him avoid the hamstring injuries that have cost him games the last two seasons. "No I wont, Woodley said, when asked if he would be training with Shaw during the offseason.

He claims if a trainer has a remedy for high ankle sprains he'll consider, he said it had nothing to do with hammys.
    shocking......................woodley doesnt feel like working hard

Backup

User Info Menu

Seems like there is an awful lot of hostility towards Woodley on this board. I think that many Steelers fans have forgotten what a stand up guy Woodley has been, so let me remind you. Going into the 2010 season Woodley was entering the 4th and final year of his rookie contract and was scheduled to make $550K. In 2008 he had 11.5 regular season sacks and 6 (yes, SIX!) post season sacks, and was a key contributor to the Steelers Super Bowl championship. In 2009 he had 13.5 regular season sacks. Any other time the Steelers would have given Woodley the big contract he had so clearly earned prior to the start of the 2010 season, but because it was an uncapped year the Steelers could not give him a new deal without a gigantic signing bonus that they were not willing to pay. So Woodley was stuck playing 2010 for $550,000. And how did Woodley handle that? He kept his mouth shut, went to all the OTA's, didn't hold out in training camp, played his butt off all season, and was a major contributor to the Steelers getting to the Super Bowl (9.5 regular season sacks and another 3 postseason sacks). Contrast Woodley's conduct in 2010 with that of a certain wide receiver this past season, and perhaps you'll understand my reluctance to throw Woodley under the bus. Then after the 2010 season, Woodley didn't bother to wait and test the market, he signed a contract with the Steelers before the free agency period began, and I absolutely guarantee that he signed for less than he could have gotten elsewhere.

I think it was about the second week of the 2011 seaon that I started hearing the whole "Woodley got his big contract and now he's dogging it" thing. And it's true that he did get off to a slow start (which seems to be standard with him). But he got on a roll after Harrison got hurt in the Texans game, starting with 1.5 sacks in week 5, then 2 sacks each in the following three games including the game against New England in which he suffered the hamstring injury, for a total of 9 sacks in 8 regular season games. So Woodley certainly didn't seem like he was out of shape when he first injured the hamstring, did he? Unfortunately he never really recovered that season. No question that Woodley had a poor year this past season, and he may not have been in the best shape which may have contributed to those injuries. But Woodley still has some good will with me from his past conduct, and he's only 28 years old. Hopefully he has learned from this past season and will get back to his prior form. If the Steelers are going to have any chance to compete for a Super Bowl Championship next season, Lamar Woodley is going to have to perform.
    Last edited by ter1230_4; 01-29-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Woodley may have kept his mouth shut when he was making less dollars but his mouth has been open since he has gained the big contract. Maybe if he does shut his mouth he won't eat his way out of football shape. And it doesn't surprise me he turned his nose up to working out in the off season. As much as I think Hood is a waste, at least the guy tried to improve by losing weight and trying to be better. Didn't work but I do respect him for it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley Will Begin Offseason Training In February Out In Arizona per Steeler depot.

Looks like he wants to get serious for the coming season, and probably tired of hearing he is out of shape. He's expected to start mid February. A healthy Lamar can make a difference so I hope he can finish a season without injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley Will Begin Offseason Training In February Out In Arizona per Steeler depot.

Looks like he wants to get serious for the coming season, and probably tired of hearing he is out of shape.
    Or maybe he's campaigning to try and get the Cardinals to trade for him...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree...Polamalu is/was the key...

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...
    Troy's impact (record-wise) is overstated too though. If I recall correctly, much of that record (that says we lose without Polamalu) coincided with time that Aaron Smith missed. Not saying Smith was the true indicator either, but the combination of the two I felt was the bigger reason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley's weight issues, his conditioning issues, and his work effort issues are greatly overstated. He's not fat, he's a big man. He's not out of shape, he's injured.

People want someone to blame for going 8-8 & the high paid guys are the targets.

Won't post the link, but if you visit Pro Football Focus, they have a formula to show the impact of most positions through the season. When it comes to pass rushing success on 3rd downs, Woodley ranks 3rd in the NFL behind only Cameron Wake & Von Miller.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE