Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sr. Bowl practice on NFLN right now.

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026

    Sr. Bowl practice on NFLN right now.

    Just like the combines, I don't know if you gain any knowledge by watching these guys in practice. At least I don't think I do. Now they are saying that the QB from Miami of OH is similar to Ben. OK.

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,498
    The Senior Bowl practices are more important to NFL scouts than the game itself.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Wow..you hear things differently. They said there were "some" similarities to Ben (size), and his style of play. But regardless...

    there are a ton of things one can get from these practices. The one on one matches are worth a lot. OT Eric Fisher was flat out dominating versus the various D-linemen. To watch how the DB's come in and out of their breaks. Their hip movement. Their turn and go. How they plant and come forward. How the D-lineman come off the ball. Etc., etc.

    By the way there is already a thread regarding this.

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...s-at-the-draft
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wow..you hear things differently. They said there were "some" similarities to Ben (size), and his style of play. But regardless...

    there are a ton of things one can get from these practices. The one on one matches are worth a lot. OT Eric Fisher was flat out dominating versus the various D-linemen. To watch how the DB's come in and out of their breaks. Their hip movement. Their turn and go. How they plant and come forward. How the D-lineman come off the ball. Etc., etc.

    By the way there is already a thread regarding this.

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...s-at-the-draft
    True! But this one does have Senior Bowl in the title. Since possibly a big chunk of the Steelers future could be here it sure warrants a big look. I have been digging up reports from a number of sources which could be of interest to those interested in the draft.

    It does seem there are some conflicting opinions on players at times. On that QB there was one very negative report. I was going to copy paste it with the comment that Ben could now sleep easy his replacement is not there yet. Then put some there. But since the QB was not one of Dee Dub's players to watch I deferred. Anyway it fits here:

    Russ Lande - National Football Post

    7. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami-Ohio (6027, 224 and 5.00 E): Of the quarterbacks on the North Squad, it was clear Dysert had the worst day of practice today. His footwork and release were not quick and he struggled to set-up and get rid of the ball fast. Additionally, he struggled with accuracy today and with his slow release, defenders were able to close fast to break-up and/or intercept his passes. Dysert needs to practice much better the next few days to avoid falling way down draft boards.

    ---However, in fairness, I also saw quite a few that disagreed with this report. But, none of them were glowing. They merely pointed out some positives.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Senior Bowl practices are more important to NFL scouts than the game itself.
    You may be right, but as far as a fan, watching practices, I can't learn a whole lot about anyone. Just various guys blocking and trying to rush - nothing to be gained info. wise.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    True! But this one does have Senior Bowl in the title. Since possibly a big chunk of the Steelers future could be here it sure warrants a big look. I have been digging up reports from a number of sources which could be of interest to those interested in the draft.

    It does seem there are some conflicting opinions on players at times. On that QB there was one very negative report. I was going to copy paste it with the comment that Ben could now sleep easy his replacement is not there yet. Then put some there. But since the QB was not one of Dee Dub's players to watch I deferred. Anyway it fits here:

    Russ Lande - National Football Post

    7. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami-Ohio (6027, 224 and 5.00 E): Of the quarterbacks on the North Squad, it was clear Dysert had the worst day of practice today. His footwork and release were not quick and he struggled to set-up and get rid of the ball fast. Additionally, he struggled with accuracy today and with his slow release, defenders were able to close fast to break-up and/or intercept his passes. Dysert needs to practice much better the next few days to avoid falling way down draft boards.

    ---However, in fairness, I also saw quite a few that disagreed with this report. But, none of them were glowing. They merely pointed out some positives.
    That sounds NOTHING like Ben. And, giving him the eye test, he isn't nearly as big as Ben. When Ben came out, he didn't have nearly as many possible negatives as this guy. Bill Parcells said Ben had the most physical skills since John Elway was drafted. (Personally, I don't think Ben has that much in common with Elway - as JE was much more athletic, with a much bigger cannon than BB. But I get Tuna's point.)

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

    Seems like there could be some nice value at OLB, WR, TE, and OL this draft. I was hoping OT Eric Fisher would be there at 17 but I think he will be gone if he keeps it up.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 01-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •