Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FA WR question

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    FA WR question

    If not resigned by the Pats. Would you sign Welker to maybe what the steelers see as a Wallace type deal if he would take it and Wallace walks? Do you think he could be a beast in Haleys offense? Is Welker a #1 in Haleys offense?
    I know a bunch here want the big monster WR but it might not happen. Is there a Plex or better in the draft? Is there a smaller physical type WR in the draft? ( Ward like.)

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    No. I think we have enough of the smaller, shifty guys that you get out in space. We need the big, physical receiver that will GET the ball.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Rather than throw money at a Welker, if the Steelers were going to take a shot on a FA WR, I would prefer it to be Jennings. Bowe will likely command big money, and I don't think he is worth it, but I'd prefer a larger WR as opposed to Welker.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Welker turns 32 this offseason and is entering his 10th year in the NFL. I thought the idea was make the team younger, not older.


    Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

    Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

    Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

    1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

  5. #5
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    If not resigned by the Pats. Would you sign Welker to maybe what the steelers see as a Wallace type deal if he would take it and Wallace walks? Do you think he could be a beast in Haleys offense? Is Welker a #1 in Haleys offense?
    I know a bunch here want the big monster WR but it might not happen. Is there a Plex or better in the draft? Is there a smaller physical type WR in the draft? ( Ward like.)
    I like Chris Harper from Kansas State. He has a strong build and is 6'1" 230lbs. He went to Oregon as a QB before converting to WR and transferring to Kansas State. He is built like Anquan Boldin (6'1" 225 lbs.) He is projected to go in the 4-5 round range.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Where does Ryan Swope fall in the draft? Kid put up some numbers at A&M. Not huge, but 6'1" 205-ish.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    As far as FA WR's go- the Giants pair of Hixon & Bardon could be good value.

    And with all the big name WR's in this draft- Chadman would take Da'Rick Rogers out of Tenn Tech- if you take character concerns out of the equation (drug issues- but the Steelers took the chance on Adams & so far, so good) he is EVERYTHING you want in a #1 WR- big, physical, catches with his hands, fights for ther ball... he's the real deal.

    There are a few mid to later round options that could help- Swope being one of those for sure.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $60,050.00


  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    No. I think we have enough of the smaller, shifty guys that you get out in space. We need the big, physical receiver that will GET the ball.
    This x 1,000

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Where does Ryan Swope fall in the draft? Kid put up some numbers at A&M. Not huge, but 6'1" 205-ish.
    I can't see Tomlin drafting a white player at a skill position. With that said, Swope is interesting.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I can't see Tomlin drafting a white player at a skill position. With that said, Swope is interesting.
    While it would seem that more black players are selected under Tomlin than white players, it's a little unfair to make the 'skill players' comment as 'most' skill players- WR's, CB's etc... are black.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $60,050.00


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •