Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst CUT in Steelers History?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Len Dawson without a doubt.

Yeah, he went on to win a Super Bowl with the Chiefs, he could of helped the Steelers be a better team for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    "Recent history"? James Farrior comes to mind - I suspect the team woulda been playing this January, had they not cut him.
    There's a reason no other team signed Farrior after we cut him. He's done. Foote was no worse at that position than Farrior was last season, IMO.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Woodson was also a FA, wasn't he?

"Recent history"? James Farrior comes to mind - I suspect the team woulda been playing this January, had they not cut him.

Does depend on how "recent"... In 2000's, possibly Kraig Urbrik, starting OG for the Bills... Santonio comes to mind. Cant think of any true "cuts" that weren't warranted, though... the Urbrik cut irked me... too early to give up on a 2nd rounder...
    Santonio was traded to the Jets.

How about David Little who Cowher actually cut in camp 1 year after making the Pro Bowl?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A lot of reaches here.
    I say we gotta go back to Dawson and Unitas.

Farrior?? the dude is old and never played again.
    Kraig Urbrik??? LOL!!!!! If that's at the top I say the Steelers have done a good job.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Joey Porter was a tough cut, but having Harrison step in and play as well as he did eased the blow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ed O'Neill went to my high school....and yes, he's in our HOF.
    You went to Polk High?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Since this list is so limited and/or old, I'd like to modify it to include players who were allowed to walk in free agency. And even that list is quite short. But I'd have to say the two top best players we let leave was Woodson and Kevin Greene. Almost all other seemingly good players we let walk did little to nothing on their new teams. Chad Brown seemed like a major loss but he never did that much in Seattle. Neil O'Donnell went on to suck at the Jets, really badly and then just back up in TN. Eric Green had a few decent years in Balt. but wasn't a star. Yancy Thigpen seemed like a huge loss, but went on to just stay injured all the time at TN. Leon Searcy had a few good years in Jax but not many. One of the most underrated FA we lost was Orpheus Roy, who had 8 years in Cleveland but on all bad teams. He was good.

Starter

User Info Menu

Losing Levon Kirkland hurt a bit...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95 View Post
    Losing Levon Kirkland hurt a bit...
    Did he even play any where else? Was he any good?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok, I will go with someone not mentioned here. Not sure if he was cut or a free agent. But Hardy Nickerson kicked butt after leaving the Steelers. 5 pro bowls and the all decade team.