Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arians Throws dig at Haley's DINK&DUNK, he wants CHUNK yrds. For The Cards

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if the Depot dude thinking has changed? It is linked from bleacher report emails all the time. The only reason I read it anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He's right.... look, I may not like some of the sacks Ben would take in Arians offense and the run game wasnt the best but the results were much better in the win loss column. I love the no bullets left in the gun analogy. Sure felt like we had plenty of bullets left in most games.
    You have to be kidding me. That statement is ignoring the obvious...the MVP season Ben was having...and the horrific amount of injuries. Arians O is whack...always has been...always will be.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    BA and Ben lack maturity in my opinion and their lack of professionalism shows time and time again. Just something I felt I needed to throw out there
    i agree...seems petty. Move on guys.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not sure Arinas was taking a shot at the Steelers, or maybe putting it out there as a "Hey Ben, c'mon west" kind of suggestion of possibility.

Steelers did Arians a favor when they hired him, after his Cleveland days. I imagine he could feel grateful for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did Arians even reference Haley's offense? That part seems made up by the story.

Haley seemed to be trying to do what Ben and Arians didn't want to do and that was dink and dunk to keep Ben healthy. It was working until Ben got hurt.

There's a bigger problem at play here. Ben hasn't had a WR that could get separation since Plax left the first time. Since then he's been working with a mediocre bunch of WR. And even his TE takes time to get open. Ben's flat out told everyone he needs a big WR like Plax since he left.

Could you imagine what Ben could do with White/Jones in Atlanta, let alone one of those guys. Great QBs typically have great WRs. Ben never really has. We've had a lot of underwhelming talent at WR and a lot of turnover at the position.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Like to see the Cards QB survie but not sure any of his Qb can go downfield. But i would like to see haley take more shots downfield.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    BA and Ben lack maturity in my opinion and their lack of professionalism shows time and time again. Just something I felt I needed to throw out there

I'm so tired of hearing these digs coming from Ben. Also, I don't understand why Arians felt the need to take a jab at Haley.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, but Arians didn't actually take any shots at Haley. It seems more like a Steeler fan wanting there to be something in the comments that wasn't actually there.

Chadman quite likes Haley. Quite likes Arians too. Both have various levels of success, but have differing gameplans.

It's all about using the players on hand to the best of their ability. Chadman will leave that up to yourselves to work out which guy does that best.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Just so you know, the owner of Steelers Depot has made it clear that he does not want us posting his articles, even when we give proper credit and provide a link to his site, as you have done. I have no idea why (it's not like we are trying to "steal" his articles or "take credit" for their content), so now we just basically don't acknowledge the existence of that particular site any more (too bad, but that was his choice, not ours). Just thought you should know.
    posting a link isn't the same as posting an article... url takes you to his site, which he should be good with (increased traffic). if he doesn't like it, he can bite us...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Yeah, but Arians didn't actually take any shots at Haley. It seems more like a Steeler fan wanting there to be something in the comments that wasn't actually there.
    We seem to be seeing A LOT of this...