Thread: Needing a new O line coach how?

Backup

User Info Menu

Needing a new O line coach how?

So the Steelers need a new Oline coach as we all know. I was just wondering if anybody knew if there is like a coaches waiver wire, you know something like "hey this guy is now available. Or do you think its done word of mouth. I have only worked at the high school level so I am not sure what the big pay boys do to get work. Anybody know?

Legend

User Info Menu

Senior Bowl practices start this Monday down in Mobile, Alabama. Pretty much all of the NFL coaches, GM's, and scouts travel down there for the week to watch the Monday-Thursday practices (many leave before the actual game next weekend, but that's beside the point). In addition to being able to scout many of the top players coming out in this year's draft, the Senior Bowl also functions as a de facto job fair for out of work coaches, since the braintrust of every NFL team happens to be all in the same place at the same time. I suspect that Tomlin will speak with several potential OL coaches down in Mobile this week, and we may have a new OL coach soon.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder if he's holding out to speak to someone from one of those 4 teams still left in contention? Could be....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Wonder if he's holding out to speak to someone from one of those 4 teams still left in contention? Could be....
    Unless there is someone on one of those team whose contract happens to be up at the end of this season, I doubt it. You can only interview coaches from other teams if you give them a promotion (i.e. making a position coach a coordinator or making a coordinator head coach). We can't just poach another team's OL coach in order to make him our OL coach (unless his contract happens to be up...then he can sign whereever he wants).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.