Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Somebody is going to get a star quarterback.

Legend

User Info Menu

What does a Barkley do really well? What are his positives besides playing 4 years? Rocket arm? Putting the team on his back? Great decision making? Ability to create when the play breaks down?

IMO his best quality was throwing to NFL talent...

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't believe he will ever be a quality starter in this league.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You might be right Dee Dub. Time will tell. I have a feeling that after Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinert, some of these QB's coming out of USC might get the cold shoulder especially from fans around the league, just because of what LEinert and Sanchez has done in the NFL. And that is a shame. He's already labeled as such.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You might be right Dee Dub. Time will tell. I have a feeling that after Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinert, some of these QB's coming out of USC might get the cold shoulder especially from fans around the league, just because of what LEinert and Sanchez has done in the NFL. And that is a shame. He's already labeled as such.
    It may not be fair but its a legit concern. Its not like he is coming out after a monster season with Heisman votes, a bowl win and a strong finish. His career at USC started out strong but he had a major slide down the stretch and an injured throwing shoulder. Can't blame people for being a little hesitant...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Stats are part of the process... everyone knows that but visually Matt Barkley didnt impress me this year. He is a Landry Jones type of player, good but not great and faded when he was needed the most.

What about the reports of his horrible accuracy downfield? His hanging passes? Average physical skills? He neede the perfect surrounded to succeed IMO and that rarely happens in the NFL.
    you were right felt...

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora ยท

CSN Philly noting that Matt Barkley could be released. Another mid-round QB that isn't going to be given a roster spot without earning it.

[URL]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora[/URL]