Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Trading away a franchise QB who should be entering his prime?

Negative on the trade.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Trading away a franchise QB who should be entering his prime?

Negative on the trade.
    Hope I'm wrong but I sorta feel his 'prime' is over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but I sorta feel his 'prime' is over.
    No doubt about that. Only ones who would doubt it are lemmings. Ben has built his career on his ability to extend plays with his physical ability, and throw more accurately on the move than most anyone in history. That ability wanes after each passing year. Now that's not to say that he still isn't one of the better QB's in the game, or that he couldn't win another SB with us. But to say he is still in his prime is kind-of delusional.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    No doubt about that. Only ones who would doubt it are lemmings. Ben has built his career on his ability to extend plays with his physical ability, and throw more accurately on the move than most anyone in history. That ability wanes after each passing year. Now that's not to say that he still isn't one of the better QB's in the game, or that he couldn't win another SB with us. But to say he is still in his prime is kind-of delusional.
    I don't even know if he had a peek. He was good year one. They opened the offense after that and he put up good numbers but I feel like he never really grew or matured as a QB.