Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Arizona gives up its #1 this year (#6 overall), their second round pick this year (#38 overall), their number 1 next year, and CB Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Arians get their QB, they pair Ben with Fitzgerald, then sign Mike Wallace and Max Starks.

And if you would pull this trigger who do you get to replace Ben at QB? Would it be through this draft? If so who?...and at what pick?

I personally say..........no! But if they threw in their third round pick this year I may take a hard look at this..........or maybe not.

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson
    OG Chance Warmack #6 overall 2013
    QB Matt Barkley #17 overall 2013
    ILB Kevin Minter #38 overall 2013
    RB Eddie Lacy #48 overall this year

How does Barkley look to you now with Warmack, Pouncey, and DeCastro inside and a power running game of Eddie Lacy?

and in 2014? Two number one's could land you Jadaveon Clowney? Who knows??
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 01-18-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Arizona gives up its #1 this year (#6 overall), their second round pick this year (#38 overall), their number 1 next year, and CB Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Arians get their QB, they pair Ben with Fitzgerald, then sign Mike Wallace and Max Starks.

And if you would pull this trigger who do you get to replace Ben at QB? Would it be through this draft? If so who?...and at what pick?

I personally say..........no! But if they threw in their third round pick this year I may take a hard look at this..........or maybe not.

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson

How does Barkley look to you now with Warmack, Pouncey, and DeCastro inside and a power running game of Eddie Lacy?

No. I wouldnt trade Ben for the entire roster of the Arizona Cardinals + draft picks 1-7.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Matt Barkley sucks. You need a QB to win in this league. That trade would turn the bottom feeding no QB Cardinals into a perennial contender and would send us back to the sucky 80's. no no no

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson

And we get the money to pay 2 #1 draft picks frommmmmmmm....................

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would be an interesting deal. What's Ben have, 3 years left? Maybe if they had actually drafted and started grooming a QB like tons of us have called for the past couple years. If Geno Smith were guaranteed to be there at the 6th pick the Steelers would probably go for it since the love African American QB's so much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    And we get the money to pay 2 #1 draft picks frommmmmmmm....................
    This is a non-starter now with Rookie Wage limits in place after the new CBA. Go look at what Cam Newton and Andrew Luck got paid compared to Mathew Stafford.

It was negligible. Compared to Stafford.

As to trading Ben. No, No, and double heck no. If they were going to trade him, it would have been at the 2010 draft after the Georgia Incident came out.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes I would do it for that haul. But can not see any team giving up that much for one player even Ben. Also DO NOT like or want Barkley. Other then that nice way to BLOW up the team an start over. Not sure what to do about a QB in this situation. I guess a stop gap FA. Matt Moore maybe. Maybe I would not like this after looking at it more. But Loyd would be happy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We don't need another Kent Graham here to put us in the cellar for years to come, Nah, I'll stick with Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's too hard to get another great QB. A big NO to this deal.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be intrigued because that's one hell of a haul and we could revamp the roster. However Ben isn't over the hill. I believe that our line will continue to improve and we'll get another 4 or 5 years out of Ben AT LEAST. He hasn't had any "major" football related injuries that would effect the way he plays long term. He just needs to get less "banged around" injuries by improving our line play. He's a top 5 QB when healthy so while intriguing, no way do I make this deal.