Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Matt Barkley sucks. You need a QB to win in this league. That trade would turn the bottom feeding no QB Cardinals into a perennial contender and would send us back to the sucky 80's. no no no
    Why do you say Barkley sucks? I dont think he sucks he isnt as great as the hype about him prior to this year but I hardly think he sucks. A 4 year starter who has a solid accurate arm. Put him in a power running game offense and I think he could manage the offense well enough to win. Remember even though he had some great receivers to throw to for most of his 4 years he played on a team that had restrictions levied on the number of scholarships they could give.

115 career TD's to 48 INT's, over 11,000 yards passing, a near 65% completion percentage, and having only been sacked 55 times over 4 years? Man I'd like to suck like that. And this was not in any gimmick offense. This was in a pro-style set.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Patrick Peterson is as close as shut down corner as there is in the league...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    No. I wouldnt trade Ben for the entire roster of the Arizona Cardinals + draft picks 1-7.
    This about sums it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be tempting because I don't think Ben has many healthy seasons left in him.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It would be tempting because I don't think Ben has many healthy seasons left in him.
    And not only that...but A.J. McCarron comes out next year. He can run a power offense.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    No. I wouldnt trade Ben for the entire roster of the Arizona Cardinals + draft picks 1-7.
    I was going to say the same thing...A franchise qb only comes around once every 20 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hell no... I don't trust USC QB's... and you can't replace a franchise QB. I'm very critical of Ben but I would never get rid of him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I was going to say the same thing...A franchise qb only comes around once every 20 years.
    They are actually coming out about every other year now. You dont have to wait 20 years any more.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd pull the trigger on this trade if the Cards throw in Arians himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    They are actually coming out about every other year now. You dont have to wait 20 years any more.
    How many are proven to be franchise QB's really? Youd'a thunk Cam was one in his rookie year? Is he now? Only time will tell. I'll stick with our proven guy until he's done.