Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Joe Montana, possibly the best QB ever, got traded.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/21/sports/pro-football-chiefs-and-49ers-come-to-terms-on-montana-trade-at-last.html[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

[URL]http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/21/sports/pro-football-chiefs-and-49ers-come-to-terms-on-montana-trade-at-last.html[/URL]
    That's because a) he was past his prime, and b) the 49ers had Steve Young on the bench.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/21/sports/pro-football-chiefs-and-49ers-come-to-terms-on-montana-trade-at-last.html[/url]
    Totally different... Joe asked to be traded and he lost his job to Young due to medical reasons.

If Ben demanded a trade I would do it if presented with dubs scenario but there is no way I trade Ben for those guys and a draft pick of Barkley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    That's because a) he was past his prime, and b) the 49ers had Steve Young on the bench.
    Young wasnt even on the bench... he had an MVP season under his belt when Joe got injured. If we had Matt Barkley as a back up and he tore up the league in Bens absense I would trade him too if he was disgruntled.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do you really want a QB even as good as Ben IF he is not happy here and would like to be with his fav coach in AZ? I want to see all our favorite Steelers retire a Steeler. But sometimes the player is unhappy here like Mike. And maybe Ben. It could really be time to hit the reset button and why not do it IF you can get a kings ransom for that player?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, it's not GOING to happen, but IF it did...

Chadman wouldn't draft a 1st Round QB- he'd take Tennessee's Tyler Bray in the 2nd though. And as for which QB Chadman would target to start next season- given that they'll be running the Haley-dinky-dunky.. Alex Smith from the 49ers would be perfect, thanks.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just brought up Montana cause dizz said its never happened. Montana wasn't in his early 30's at that point, but I also don't see Ben playing into his late 30's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Arizona gives up its #1 this year (#6 overall), their second round pick this year (#38 overall), their number 1 next year, and CB Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Arians get their QB, they pair Ben with Fitzgerald, then sign Mike Wallace and Max Starks.

And if you would pull this trigger who do you get to replace Ben at QB? Would it be through this draft? If so who?...and at what pick?

I personally say..........no! But if they threw in their third round pick this year I may take a hard look at this..........or maybe not.

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson
    OG Chance Warmack #6 overall 2013
    QB Matt Barkley #17 overall 2013
    ILB Kevin Minter #38 overall 2013
    RB Eddie Lacy #48 overall this year

How does Barkley look to you now with Warmack, Pouncey, and DeCastro inside and a power running game of Eddie Lacy?

and in 2014? Two number one's could land you Jadaveon Clowney? Who knows??
    No... hope that helps
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville