Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No way, not if Barkley becomes our QB. We could mire and spin our wheels for 10-20 years like we did after Bradshaw. I'd love Peterson, no question. But I have zero faith that Barkley is going to be even a decent NFL QB, not to mention a franchise QB. He is Colt McCoy and Matt Leinart rolled into one QB.
    I agree, I would not want Barkley as our QB...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    They are actually coming out about every other year now. You dont have to wait 20 years any more.
    Cam, RG 3 and Luck arn't franchise qb's just yet. I am assuming this is whom you are referring to...

Win a SB or two then the talks begin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Cam, RG 3 and Luck arn't franchise qb's just yet. I am assuming this is whom you are referring to...

Win a SB or two then the talks begin.
    Well by your definition, Dan Marino was never a franchise QB.

A franchise QB is one that you build your franchise around. An elite QB.

Andrew Luck
    RGIII
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Aaron Rodgers
    Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Matt Schaub

...have all come into the NFL in the past 10 years...so again..I hardly think it is a 20 year waiting period anymore.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Barkley isn't even the best QB in the draft. Let alone a first rounder. I like the idea of the trade, but not the selections.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Barkley isn't even the best QB in the draft.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Let alone a first rounder.
    Disagree. Highly disagree.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok figured a "better" QB to get then Moore. Not sure what it would take. Maybe Alex Smith could run Haleys offense good enough with this Ben to AZ trade to take us to the superbowl?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hell No... This is a terrible idea!
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Ben deserves a year or 2 in Haleys offense with a healthy Decastro, healthy RB and a #1 WR who isnt holdint out or disgruntled and unfocused before we run him out of town. If Arians tried to make this trade and Ben wanted out I wouldnt fight to keep him.

Backup

User Info Menu

I've been a fan of the Steelers since 1993. I repeatedly had my heart ripped out of my chest and stomped on by a string of mediocre QBs. I'm insulted that anybody would even consider this scenario plausible. People really don't know what they have until it's gone, apparently. Talk about taking a franchise QB for granted. This is embarrassing.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    I've been a fan of the Steelers since 1993. I repeatedly had my heart ripped out of my chest and stomped on by a string of mediocre QBs. I'm insulted that anybody would even consider this scenario plausible. People really don't know what they have until it's gone, apparently. Talk about taking a franchise QB for granted. This is embarrassing.
    When is the last time a team dealt a QB with 2 rings and 3 SB appearances in his early 30's? Never.