Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben to Arizona Cardinals trade...would you do this?

Arizona gives up its #1 this year (#6 overall), their second round pick this year (#38 overall), their number 1 next year, and CB Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Arians get their QB, they pair Ben with Fitzgerald, then sign Mike Wallace and Max Starks.

And if you would pull this trigger who do you get to replace Ben at QB? Would it be through this draft? If so who?...and at what pick?

I personally say..........no! But if they threw in their third round pick this year I may take a hard look at this..........or maybe not.

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson
    OG Chance Warmack #6 overall 2013
    QB Matt Barkley #17 overall 2013
    ILB Kevin Minter #38 overall 2013
    RB Eddie Lacy #48 overall this year

How does Barkley look to you now with Warmack, Pouncey, and DeCastro inside and a power running game of Eddie Lacy?

and in 2014? Two number one's could land you Jadaveon Clowney? Who knows??
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 01-18-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Arizona gives up its #1 this year (#6 overall), their second round pick this year (#38 overall), their number 1 next year, and CB Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Arians get their QB, they pair Ben with Fitzgerald, then sign Mike Wallace and Max Starks.

And if you would pull this trigger who do you get to replace Ben at QB? Would it be through this draft? If so who?...and at what pick?

I personally say..........no! But if they threw in their third round pick this year I may take a hard look at this..........or maybe not.

Let's see..just for fun

Steelers get

CB Patrick Peterson
    OG Chance Warmack #6 overall 2013
    QB Matt Barkley #17 overall 2013
    ILB Kevin Minter #38 overall 2013
    RB Eddie Lacy #48 overall this year

How does Barkley look to you now with Warmack, Pouncey, and DeCastro inside and a power running game of Eddie Lacy?

and in 2014? Two number one's could land you Jadaveon Clowney? Who knows??
    No. I wouldnt trade Ben for the entire roster of the Arizona Cardinals + draft picks 1-7.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    No. I wouldnt trade Ben for the entire roster of the Arizona Cardinals + draft picks 1-7.
    This about sums it up.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I was going to say the same thing...A franchise qb only comes around once every 20 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I was going to say the same thing...A franchise qb only comes around once every 20 years.
    They are actually coming out about every other year now. You dont have to wait 20 years any more.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd pull the trigger on this trade if the Cards throw in Arians himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are actually coming out about every other year now. You dont have to wait 20 years any more.
    How many are proven to be franchise QB's really? Youd'a thunk Cam was one in his rookie year? Is he now? Only time will tell. I'll stick with our proven guy until he's done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, and last year was the year to get yourself franchise QB. This year, guys like Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, and Mike Glennon seem to be more in line with the Christian Ponder/Jake Locker/Blaine Gabbert types than the Luck/RG3 types. Each of the guys are talented in their own way, and great college QB's, but I don't see any blow-me-away sure-things here on the next level...far from it.

I do love me some Patrick Peterson though...he was my draft man-crush from a few years back, but I'd still pass. A bona fide franchise QB is simply too important. If you don't have one these days, you need every last thing to go right for you just to have a shot. No thanks.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Cam, RG 3 and Luck arn't franchise qb's just yet. I am assuming this is whom you are referring to...

Win a SB or two then the talks begin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Cam, RG 3 and Luck arn't franchise qb's just yet. I am assuming this is whom you are referring to...

Win a SB or two then the talks begin.
    Well by your definition, Dan Marino was never a franchise QB.

A franchise QB is one that you build your franchise around. An elite QB.

Andrew Luck
    RGIII
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Aaron Rodgers
    Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Matt Schaub

...have all come into the NFL in the past 10 years...so again..I hardly think it is a 20 year waiting period anymore.