Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New OL Coach?

Legend

User Info Menu

New OL Coach?

Just curious- with Mike Tice being punted in Chicago, could he be in line to be interview for the Steelers OL job?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasnt he a TE?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wasnt he a TE?
    He was the Bears OL coach before he was the OC.... not sure about his playing career.

He's built like an OL though.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

On January 15, 2010, Tice was hired as Offensive Line coach for the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bears"]Chicago Bears[/URL]. On October 3, 2010 his offensive line allowed 9 sacks in one half to the New York Giants.
    The Steelers would probably hire him for this

In March 2005, the NFL began to investigate Tice for organizing and profiting from a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl"]Super Bowl[/URL][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_scalping"]ticket scalping[/URL] operation within the Vikings organization. He later admitted that these charges were true and the NFL fined him $100,000 on June 30, 2005.
    Not so much for this though...

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe the Steelers should look elsewhere afterall...

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

one guy that might suprise

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Maybe the Steelers should look elsewhere afterall...

Tunch Ilkin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bill Cowher offered Tunch the position when he was coach, but Tunch turned it down at the time, so I wonder if he would consider it this time if offered?
    When he was drafted by the Steelers in the 6th round, he was just an average player but developed a tecnique that help him become a damn good lineman which resulted in two PRO Bowl appearances.
    He has a good deal of things going on and committments beside his job so its up in the air whether he would take the position if the Steelers offered it to him, as of now its rumor but its a good rumor if it happens.

Ilkin revolutionized pass protection; specifically, how offensive linemen use their hands in pass pro. Ilkin was really the first one to bring the techniques of martial arts into pass protection. Ilkin taught that in order to get more power with a punch, a linemen needed to punch with the muscles in their back in addition to the ones in their chest. This could be accomplished by squeezing the lat muscles together before the punch.

I think Gilbert and Adams could use a good dose of Tunch's Punch instead of eating a big lunch

Legend

User Info Menu

IIRC every time I watched the Bears last season their problem was their OL, and protecting Cutler. I would not want anyone involved in that mess.

Last year they gave up 44 sacks (7 more than Pittsburgh), and 87 QB hits (20 more)

They had better rushing numbers, but that comes from having Matt Forte instead of the hodge podge that we ran out week after week.

And these numbers without a QB who holds the ball too long and causes his own sacks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Bill Cowher offered Tunch the position when he was coach, but Tunch turned it down at the time, so I wonder if he would consider it this time if offered?
    When he was drafted by the Steelers in the 6th round, he was just an average player but developed a tecnique that help him become a damn good lineman which resulted in two PRO Bowl appearances.
    He has a good deal of things going on and committments beside his job so its up in the air whether he would take the position if the Steelers offered it to him, as of now its rumor but its a good rumor if it happens.

Ilkin revolutionized pass protection; specifically, how offensive linemen use their hands in pass pro. Ilkin was really the first one to bring the techniques of martial arts into pass protection. Ilkin taught that in order to get more power with a punch, a linemen needed to punch with the muscles in their back in addition to the ones in their chest. This could be accomplished by squeezing the lat muscles together before the punch.

I think Gilbert and Adams could use a good dose of Tunch's Punch instead of eating a big lunch
    When Cowher offered Tunch the job, he was married with 3 young children. Considering the long hours required of an NFL position coach, it was understandable why he would not want to take that time away from his family. Now, however, his kids are grown, and unfortunately, his wife succumbed to cancer a year ago. Perhaps he would be more amenable to filling up his time as a coach now more than before. Just a thought.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

thaks was just going to post it about Tunch