Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brucy accepts card...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    tomlin must have felt threatened. that may be why he fired him
    Yes. Tomlin MUST have felt threatened.

The pseudo/armchair psychoanalysis that's been running rampant on this board is a never ending source of amusement to me. While it's obviously a topic or angle that has its place on a discussion board, the way that such opinions (which are for the most part unable to be proven or disproven) are presented as "facts" is hysterical.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well, over the years as a consistent BA basher I have pointed to the fact he's never considered as a HC candidate. now, he is one - so kudo's to you BA. of course it's the cardinals so I'm not sure congrats are in order - they may have the worst owners in the entire league. still, he has a few weapons so there will be no more excuses. let's see what he does.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ray Horton angry after Cardinals hire Bruce Arians

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 17, 2013

The Cardinals have hired Bruce Arians as their new head coach, and the in-house candidate who was passed over for Arians isn’t happy about it.

Ray Horton, the Cardinals defensive coordinator who did an excellent job in 2012 while the Cardinals’ offense fell apart, was considered a strong candidate to replace the fired Ken Whisenhunt as the next head coach. Instead, the Cardinals have announced that Arians, who spent last season as the Colts’ offensive coordinator and interim head coach, will get the job. Multiple reports say Horton was angry at that announcement.

Mike Jurecki of XTRA 910 reports that Horton had a heated exchange with new Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim when he found out that Arians got the job. Mike Garafolo of USA Today reports that Horton is “pissed.”

It’s hard to blame Horton for feeling that way. He’s a well regarded defensive coordinator who paid his dues as an assistant and before that as an NFL player for 10 years. In any line of work, to be passed over for a promotion you think you have coming stings.

Horton still has a year on his contract with the Cardinals, but Arians isn’t believed to want him to stay, and it sure doesn’t sound like Horton wants to stay. So Horton will presumably start looking for another job as an assistant, somewhere, after thinking he had a good chance of staying in Arizona and becoming the Cardinals’ next head coach.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/17/ray-horton-angry-after-cardinals-hire-bruce-arians/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

So what if Arizona is a bad situation?

Arians has been an NFL assistant for 20-some years...he's 60...should he bide his time and wait for the exact right opportunity?

If he fails in AZ, he'll still be able to retire knowing that he reached the pinnacle of the football coaching profession...

While I did not love him as OC, I wish him nothing but the best in the NFC...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_strong_frontr.html[/url]

Hate to see former Steeler staff coming to the Browns.

Kindle

Backup

User Info Menu

If the Ravens don't sign Flacco and they will, Arians would jump for him or Smith from the 49ers will probably peak interest from the Cards. Not sure what the QB status is for this years draft but in any event, Arians better pick someone that can carry him like the other qb's have.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Glad to see I'm not the only one that knows Arians is a tool.