Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It appears Ta'Amu could still be in Steelers plans For NT

Legend

User Info Menu

driving without a license? ehh... if we were slim at RB and under the cap Rainey probably stays on the team. Then again...after Ben, I bet all crimes vs women are a quick exit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The guy made a stupid mistake no question but he's not the only young person to do it , most of us at one time or another did something stupid too at that age.
    Something stupid? Sure. Something like take cops on a high speed chase through crowded streets while wasted? I don't think many of us has done things of that nature.

WPXI-TV obtained the criminal complaint, which indicates Ta'amu drove a car on the wrong side of the street and blew through red lights. When police tried to pull him over, Ta'amu reportedly drove his car at them. The police considered shooting but did not because the large number of pedestrians and motorists around.

Ta'amu hit five different vehicles as he tried to get away from police, according to the report. One woman in one of those cars was injured.

According to the Associated Press, after his vehicle was disabled Ta'amu fled on foot, taking off his shirt in his attempt to evade police. Once officers caught up to Ta'amu in a parking lot, they ordered him to the ground but he resisted. Ta'amu appeared to reach for his waistband, the AP reports, so an officer punched him twice. Once handcuffed, Ta'amu was transported in a police wagon "due to (his) extremely large size."

Ta'amu took a blood alcohol test and registered .196, twice the legal limit.
    Only a .196 and he totally lost it like that? Dude must have some version of loco in his head to fly off the handle in such an extreme way over a .196. Granted, you are drunk at that level, but so drunk to play bumper cars, hitting 5 parked cars while evading police in a crowded area? That is mental.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    driving without a license? ehh... if we were slim at RB and under the cap Rainey probably stays on the team. Then again...after Ben, I bet all crimes vs women are a quick exit.
    After Ben, anything out of sorts involving females are an instant ticket out. Here is a dude already accused (not charged) of rape trying to have sex with a college girl in a bar bathroom. Talk about a lack of common sense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

Only a .196 and he totally lost it like that? Dude must have some version of loco in his head to fly off the handle in such an extreme way over a .196. Granted, you are drunk at that level, but so drunk to play bumper cars, hitting 5 parked cars while evading police in a crowded area? That is mental.

Ernie Holmes shot at police helicopters, went to jail. At the trial which Rooney paid Ernie's legal cost, a doctor testified he had acute paranoid psychosis. Ernie got 5 years probation, went to camp and got a starting role on the famous Steel curtain Defense, the rest is history.

Rookie

User Info Menu

First we have Mclendon as the future starter and Tamu has one last shot here but Fangoup might be a big suprise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    And that would open the door to release Big Snack.

I like that group of 3. Ya gotta figure somebody will rise to the challenge.

Im fine with our D-line being Ta'amu,Mclendon,Fangupo,Keisel,Hayward and Hood in 2013. I would like to see Mclendon and Heyward take the DE starting spots with Keisel and Hood backing them up. Ta'amu and Fangupo hold down the Nose.

Just gotta see what happens with Ta'amu. I'm all for second chances. Let's hope, for Ta'amu's sake, that the right people feel the same way
    Hate to nitpick......
    Casey is not under contract for 2013, can people pleeeeeeeeeeese stop saying we should release him.
    Thank you
    Last edited by pittpete; 01-19-2013 at 06:10 PM.