Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You still want this fraud?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I am leaning toward trying to trade pick 17 to Miami for their two second rounders, and a 4 rounder.

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

The media that overhyped Teo for Heisman is now blaming Teo for fabricating the reason for their idiotic overhype? OK. Got it.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in my wondered if Belichick orchestrated this whole thing to get him to drop in the draft. I also remember Herschel Walker had some multiple personality disorder that he admitted to after his playing days. And that didn't stop him from being a great player.
    Every one of his personalities was able to run 4.3 in the 40.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The real question is why would this kid feel the need to invent such a story? I don't think it was for the Heisman; I think it is for hiding another thing all together.
    Ding, ding, we have a winner!!

I'd be curious what would happen if he came out - how NFL teams would handle it. If he'd be drafted at all.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think he's this draft's version of Larry Foote. I'd keep Foote for another year and see what we have in Spence in 2. I still like Spence better than Teo.
    Nowhere near Foote, IMO. Foote's problem coming out of the draft (and today) is he was smallish and slowish. He could easily be engulfed at the point of attack. Teo is considered a "thumper", which Foote never was. Teo is more Kendrell Bell than anything else (hopefully, minus the hammy problems).

Teo's big problem in the championship is he spent his time guessing (and guessing wrong). He was in the backfield A LOT, running right past the play. Like a LB should, he would find the hole and run through it to meet the RB - except, the RB would run though another hole entirely. IMO, his poor play was part "instinct" and part poor d-line play. I think he actually needed to slow himself a step and read before reacting. He wanted to meet in the backfield when instead he should have accepted meeting them for a 2-yard gain...

3.98 -<tbd>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. The whole catfish thing doesn't bother me as I don't think he was involved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's betting he's one of the most heavily interviewed guys at the Combine..

Ok.... as a player, if he was there at #17 & he was the best on the board... sure, Chadman would be happy if the Steelers took him. As a distraction off the field to a team that needs to focus much more on the field... nah, Chadman would pass on him.

However he interviews will be crucial. The Steelers have a track record of going on 'gut feel' for character concerning players- Mike Adams is a great example. If the Steelers take him in the 1st, he'll have had to have been impressive.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. The whole catfish thing doesn't bother me as I don't think he was involved.
    Based on the info, I don't see how he couldn't have been.
    Who has a "girlfriend" they've never met? That they're madly in love with? Don't get me wrong, I get internet dating and the catfish thing - but, until you've met... And if he thought she died, why didn't he try to attend the funeral? And why'd he said he had? And..And...

Even if he wasn't aware inititally, he was absolutely involved in keeping it going AFTER he knew the truth. He said he knew on Dec 6, but, was shown on TV talking about it on Dec 8...

3.98 -<tbd>

Legend

User Info Menu

He embellished their relationship... a lot. Then he continues the lies after he knew she was fake. Another problem is the twitter message he received with the apology was a new account and you have to follow a person for them to DM you... so he was in contact eith this guy before the apology was sent. Too many holes in his story... but the good thing for him is our short attention span.

As far as his instincts on the field are just like they are off it. He guesses wrong a lot... and who knows if he can tackle NFL talent. He should play on the Senior Bowl after the debacle in the BCS game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Based on the info, I don't see how he couldn't have been.
    Who has a "girlfriend" they've never met? That they're madly in love with? Don't get me wrong, I get internet dating and the catfish thing - but, until you've met... And if he thought she died, why didn't he try to attend the funeral? And why'd he said he had? And..And...

Even if he wasn't aware inititally, he was absolutely involved in keeping it going AFTER he knew the truth. He said he knew on Dec 6, but, was shown on TV talking about it on Dec 8...
    He didn't attend the funeral because the hoaxers said her family didn't want him there. He is a college athlete with no money and a poor family. Plane tickets are not cheap.