Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: You still want this fraud?

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree 100% about the Heisman voters... unfortunately this is what hype does in todays sports. Lets be honest... SI, ESPN, etc. They didnt fqct check or dig when he was telling this embellished story. I remember when the story broke on yahoo... they didnt say it was the love of his life, it was a little vague about the extent of the relationship and I had the impression it was a close female friend. As time when on she turned into a soulmate..

Whether we want to admit it or not... media hype influences voters.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Whether we want to admit it or not... media hype influences voters.
    That's probably why presidential campaigns are looking at Billion dollar budgets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Seriously? Who cares? I guess the whole football community in America, but I dont see the big deal, at all. He had an internet girlfriend that turned out to be 2 guys and a girl and there's a chance he's part of the hoax, so what. What's his 40 time?
    Are you serious dude? A guy who MAKES UP a NATIONAL lie, and runs with it for four months? How do you live with yourself every day? How do you live a lie TO THE WHOLE WORLD, for four months? The guy is demented in some way. It's like people who kill, and try and act like nothing the next day. How do you do that, on a day-by-day basis? You don't think that effects your job performance? Your dealings with other people. Communication is so important in sports. If I had a lie of that proportion, I certainly wouldn't be openly communicating with folks, for fear of being caught.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Are you serious dude? A guy who MAKES UP a NATIONAL lie, and runs with it for four months? How do you live with yourself every day? How do you live a lie TO THE WHOLE WORLD, for four months? The guy is demented in some way. It's like people who kill, and try and act like nothing the next day. How do you do that, on a day-by-day basis? You don't think that effects your job performance? Your dealings with other people. Communication is so important in sports. If I had a lie of that proportion, I certainly wouldn't be openly communicating with folks, for fear of being caught.
    Ask Lance Armstrong- he's good at lying to everyone for years... Te'o has a lot to do to catch up..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Ask Lance Armstrong- he's good at lying to everyone for years... Te'o has a lot to do to catch up..
    What's worse, Lance Armstrong ruining the movie Dodgeball or O.J. Simpson ruining the Naked Gun movies?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What's worse, Lance Armstrong ruining the movie Dodgeball or O.J. Simpson ruining the Naked Gun movies?
    Never saw Dodgeball so I'm going to go with O.J. ruining Naked Gun

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Never saw Dodgeball so I'm going to go with O.J. ruining Naked Gun
    Lance Armstrong: Could I get a bottle of water. - - Hey, aren't you Peter La Fleur?

Peter La Fleur: Lance Armstrong!

Lance Armstrong: Yeah, that's me. But I'm a big fan of yours.

Peter La Fleur: Really?

Lance Armstrong: Yeah, I've been watching the dodgeball tournament on the Ocho. ESPN 8. I just can't get enough of it. But, good luck in the tournament. I'm really pulling for you against those jerks from Globo Gym. I think you better hurry up or you're gonna be late.

Peter La Fleur: Uh, actually I decided to quit... Lance.

Lance Armstrong: Quit? You know, once I was thinking about quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer, all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and I won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying from that's keeping you from the finals?

Peter La Fleur: Right now it feels a little bit like... shame.

Lance Armstrong: Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life. But good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Until Te'o starts mercilessly suing people for telling the truth and ruining them, Armstrong is much worse...a special kind of evil...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Until Te'o starts mercilessly suing people for telling the truth and ruining them, Armstrong is much worse...a special kind of evil...
    Of course Armstrong is worse... " I called her crazy and delusional but I didn't call her fat!" WTF?

Armstrong waited 7 years to tell the truth and threatened people with a bullet to the head, suing them, ruining their lives and blacklisting people from the sport.

Te'o's story is just crazy.. it isn't evil, but it's bat@#$! crazy.