Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow per the PG, Colbert does not rule out drafting a QB in the first round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this was 2015 I would say yep, QB in round one.

The possibility would be strong even this year IF enough good QB's were there in the draft, but only a few if any and they are likely gone by other teams that need them as we speak. I would say the 2014 draft and after QB will be a priority for the future.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Make it known so someone tries to jump back in ahead of the Steelers to get a QB if they passed on them early. Then maybe a run goes in a panic. Pushing someone down. Just a game of words right now. IF KC was talking truth about turning over an 8-8 roster the Steelers will have many spots up for grabs. Stock up on picks by moving back. The Steelers filling a need at OLB may be gone when #17 comes around...I think they will be left without one. Their needs at S & WR can be solved by moving back some & getting an extra pick. RB & ILB look to be later judging by the weak class on them. I just don't see really good value at #17 unless someone falls. I think the pass rushers will be gone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will be happy with just a solid draft from colbert in rounds 2-5. While he is taking a howitzer to the team, I hope he pauses for a look in the mirror. His draft record has been pretty spotty the last few years, IMO. Haven't heard him mention that however.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I will be happy with just a solid draft from colbert in rounds 2-5. While he is taking a howitzer to the team, I hope he pauses for a look in the mirror. His draft record has been pretty spotty the last few years, IMO. Haven't heard him mention that however.
    He and the Steelers are arrogant when it comes to their job at drafting; only problem is, they haven't really been drafting that great lately, but they don't bother to notice that part. They prefer to just keep assuming their wet farts don't stink, while everyone else in the room is throwing up from the hideous stench.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Welcome to Pittsburgh Matt Barkley!!!
    Matt Barkley=Colt McCoy

I would rather have Landry Jones.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Matt Barkley=Colt McCoy

I was actually kidding (I knew I should have used an emoticon). That said, I think Colt is a lot better than how the Browns have used him. I also think that Barkley is a winner, leader and better than Colt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Matt Barkley=Colt McCoy

Landry Jones = Kyle Boller
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He and the Steelers are arrogant when it comes to their job at drafting; only problem is, they haven't really been drafting that great lately, but they don't bother to notice that part. They prefer to just keep assuming their wet farts don't stink, while everyone else in the room is throwing up from the hideous stench.
    I don't think Colbert did a bad job, actually he did a good job if it wasn't for the injuries. DeCastro would of started, Adams would of taken Gilbert place, Spense most likely wood of been a good special teams player and possible playing time alternating with Foote. Beachum contributed, Paulson contributed, Rainey contributed so if you can get contributions from most of your picks, thats pretty good especially their first year.

First round: David DeCastro, G, Stanford. Severely injured his knee in the third preseason game and returned to play the last three games.

Second round: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State. Placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury after starting six games.

Third round: Sean Spence, ILB, Miami. Tore multiple ligaments in his left knee in preseason finale and placed on injured reserve before regular season started.

Fourth round: Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington. Arrested for drunken driving in October, which led to his release a month later. He was later re-signed.

Fifth round: Chris Rainey, RB, Florida. Arrested for simple battery Thursday. He had 162 total yards and two touchdowns as a rookie. (4:12 p.m. ET update: The Steelers have waived Rainey.)

Seventh round: Toney Clemons, WR, Colorado. Signed off Steelers' practice squad by the Jaguars in November.

Seventh round: David Paulson, TE, Oregon. Finished with seven catches for 51 yards in 16 games played for Steelers.

Seventh round: Terrence Frederick, CB, Texas A&M. Waived by the Steelers at the end of the preseason and was later signed by the Giants.

Seventh round: Kelvin Beachum, G, SMU. Surprise of the draft class ended season with five straight starts at right tackle.

Starter

User Info Menu

With the QB class this year I don't think we take a QB in round 1, the talent just isnt there this year
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

You know what else Colbert didn't rule out for drafting in the 1st?

A punter.

Who's the highest rated punte? They could be on the radar at #17 according to the article...

Colbert tells a whole lot of nothing this far out from the draft.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE