View Poll Results: The biggest need in the upcoming draft is....

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • RB

5 13.51%
  • WR

7 18.92%
  • OG

1 2.70%
  • OT

2 5.41%
  • DT

3 8.11%
  • ILB

7 18.92%
  • OLB

9 24.32%
  • CB

0 0%
  • FS

2 5.41%
  • SS

1 2.70%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The biggest need in the upcoming draft is....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There are obviously a lot of possibilities. Could be anything from a TE or WR to OLB, ILB, NT or S. I dont think we could be upset with a pick at any of those positions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, it shows that us armchair GMs believe there a lot of different needs. It will be interesting to see where the professionals go this year as compared to us know-it-alls.

Pappy
    Absolutely will be interesting to see what they view as needs vs. what we view as needs. I'll keep this poll open until Saturday so keep on voting if you haven't yet!

Legend

User Info Menu

i chose rb only because i think that is the one position that would be givien a legit chance to start from day one and be an impact

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    There are obviously a lot of possibilities. Could be anything from a TE or WR to OLB, ILB, NT or S. I dont think we could be upset with a pick at any of those positions.
    Take BPA other than a QB, OC and....that's about it. Take the biggest difference maker other than those two spots. I would probably be a little slow to go DE as well. We aren't stacked there but we have greater needs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I based my vote on if the roster stays the same. In other words, if we don't lose Lewis, Starks, Foster, or anybody else to Free Agency and we don't sign any FAs. I would have like to have Tight End as a choice instead of just Wide Receiver.
    I was thinking TE as well, but it isn't a choice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Take BPA other than a QB, OC and....that's about it. Take the biggest difference maker other than those two spots. I would probably be a little slow to go DE as well. We aren't stacked there but we have greater needs.
    This isn't about who you think we will draft....its about what position on the team you feel we are weakest at or what one position you feel needs the biggest upgrade at over the others.

Legend

User Info Menu

I always look a bit more broadly. Here's my priorities and I think they're almost identical to last year.

1. Whatever player helps us pressure the opposing QB. That could be a monster OLB, a NT, a DB. There's lots of ways to skin the cat. But we need a difference maker. We've got 2.5 difference makers on D - Troy, Deebo, and Timmy. The first 2 are old and unhealthy. We need another superstar. Could be a JPP, Ngata, Aldon Smith, Willis, Revis, etc. Just get me the best guy you can find.

2. Someone that can help Ben score points. That can be a TE, OLine, WR, RB, whatever. I've wanted a second TE long before 2 guys were en vogue because I think they're the most valuable player on O besides the QB. But again, there's a lot of ways to skin this. Ben's always asked for a big WR and we've never gotten him one. I do think we've got issues with our WRs that have hurt Ben's ability to bring us back in games. Since we trade Holmes and Ward has declined, Ben hasn't really had that true go to guy. I think it cost us a SuperBowl. Maybe even more. We also have to keep Ben clean. Not sure if that's players, coaching, or Ben. I would focus on fixing the Red Zone O. And the rest should fall into place.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This Poll outside of ours reflects what our poll is saying.

Poll
    Which position will the Steelers select in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft?
    18%
    Strong Safety (30 votes)

34%
    Right Outside Linebacker (55 votes)

13%
    Nose Tackle (21 votes)

6%
    Left Guard (11 votes)

18%
    Running Back (30 votes)

3%
    Wide Receiver (5 votes)

3%
    Defensive End (6 votes)

158 total votes

Heck with the Polls I want Warmack!!
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    OLB. The defense doesn't work without a consistent pass rush.
    thats what i voted

Legend

User Info Menu

ILB, RB, OLB, S, in that order