View Poll Results: The biggest need in the upcoming draft is....

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • RB

5 13.51%
  • WR

7 18.92%
  • OG

1 2.70%
  • OT

2 5.41%
  • DT

3 8.11%
  • ILB

7 18.92%
  • OLB

9 24.32%
  • CB

0 0%
  • FS

2 5.41%
  • SS

1 2.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The biggest need in the upcoming draft is....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    How can we vote when we don't even know what is going to happen in free agency? Dont you think that may play a big role in that?
    Quit being the voice of reason. Why don't you spit in our Cheerios as well?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The spread of the results in this poll are insightful and show that this team has many needs that need to be fixed. Let's face it, we are entering a rebuilding phase.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Basing it on:
    Who I think will be terminated or not retained...
    Who will be locked up long term...
    Who will be tendered...
    Who I think the Steelers have confidence in that will move into new roles...
    How I think the 1st round of the draft will unfold...
    Need versus grade @ #17...
    I would say WR could make the most sense. I just hope they could trade back and get another pick to fill more needs.
    If stuck @ #17...Take the highest rated player on the board on defense.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 01-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The spread of the results in this poll are insightful and show that this team has many needs that need to be fixed. Let's face it, we are entering a rebuilding phase.
    As long as we have a healthy Ben, we will be competitive. So, I disagree about "rebuilding". The Steelers have needs all over the map but we have quality starters in almost every position except RB, and ILB. It's about healthy. A healthy Steeler team, is a Super Bowl caliber team.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I based my vote on if the roster stays the same. In other words, if we don't lose Lewis, Starks, Foster, or anybody else to Free Agency and we don't sign any FAs. I would have like to have Tight End as a choice instead of just Wide Receiver.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I picked FS. Interesting results thus far.

A lot of different opinions on this compared to years past.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

1st Pick - OLB. We need to get pressure on the qb to create more turnovers. Pick up 2nd tier free agent for ILB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for playing along guys. I know that obviously free agency will play a big part in what we need....but if you have to take that into account then whats the point of doing mock drafts or any other discussion on who we should be after or how to best make our team better...which would make the offseason boring LOL.

The results of this do show, as mentioned, that we have plenty of needs!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Thanks for playing along guys. I know that obviously free agency will play a big part in what we need....but if you have to take that into account then whats the point of doing mock drafts or any other discussion on who we should be after or how to best make our team better...which would make the offseason boring LOL.

The results of this do show, as mentioned, that we have plenty of needs!
    Well, it shows that us armchair GMs believe there a lot of different needs. It will be interesting to see where the professionals go this year as compared to us know-it-alls.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

For me, the biggest need is to find an elite player. The Steelers rarely pick as high as #17 and this gives them an opportunity to find somebody who could be a difference maker. I'm not too worried about the side of the ball or position as long as the Steelers find a guy who has to be accounted for (or, in the case of a lineman, a dominant force).