Thread: Backup QB, it's time

Legend

User Info Menu

Backup QB, it's time

I think this is the year we finally break ties with Lefty and Batch.
    What does everyone think about [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NFL/3634/Bruce-Gradkowski"]Bruce Gradkowski[/URL] ?
    I remember when he was with the Raiders and he smoked us a few years back.
    Also IIRC wasn't he a Pittsburgh native?

Legend

User Info Menu

i think its too early to look for bens replacement, but definitely want lefty and batch out. gimme 1 young vet and a rookie that can run. seems like the best chance for a backup qb to step in and win is if they have the ability to run.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's absolutely time for Leftwich to go. I would like to either see a veteran #2 brought in with a developmental #3 added or a young #2 with Batch as the #3. Batch was .500 as a starter this year, and you can do a lot worse for your #3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm down to bring in a new guy or possibly two. In fact, I was hoping they'd keep Hoyer.

Rookie

User Info Menu

How about a guy like Jerrod Johnson? I remember watching him in the preseason and he seemed to have some talent? Now, where did I see him play? hmm?
    "....great films, with plots! Where you cared about whose ass it was, and why it was farting!"

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/235511.jpg

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers will bring someone in or possibly draft a QB, as they said, changes are coming and they won't leave any stone unturned.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Zac Dysert 5th or 6th round,i think hes who i would want

Legend

User Info Menu

Would be interested in the Steelers grabbing Kansas QB Dayne Crist late. He was the Collegiate Bowl MVP, but had a pretty mixed up college career. Plenty of talent that needs developing. The Steelers don't need Ben's immediate replacement. Whoever they choose to develop could be developing for 5 years or more- so there's no point grabbing an early round QB.

Get Crist, bury him at 3rd on the depth chart, and get a back-up QB- be it Batch, Leftwich or someone outside the organisation, that can fill in if Ben goes down.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    Zac Dysert 5th or 6th round,i think hes who i would want
    i've seen him projected as high as the 2nd in some mocks... doubt you get him in the 5th or 6th.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Rookie

User Info Menu

We need a younger veteran Qbmaybe a Matt Moore