Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared of being exposed? Manti Te'o declines to play in the Senior Bowl

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, we're all entitled to our opinions... However, I think you are wrong.... He's all over the field when he plays... He sticks out in games more so than any other LB I've seen in college in years... His body of work this year is greater than just one game....

Let's also remember that Lewis was picked like 26th in round 1. So, there was some reluctance there on 25 other teams to pick him, and look where he is today... Again, the draft is a crap shoot, but seeing Te'o play this fall, he does stand out when he plays..
    So let's get this straight: You (and snatch9 don't think LYING to the world (don't buy all this nonsense about HIM being a victim of a hoax here) and basically living a lie for four months isn't a character concern that would prevent you from picking him?

That's dumbfounding. I'm no psychologist, but it sounds a lot like sociopathic people I've read or heard about, exploits people's emotions and acting in a way that is devoid of conscience (exploiting the death of his own grandmother) for personal gain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Its weird enough already No photos, no death certificate... i know people get duped all the time on the web but how do you let the media run with your girlfriends death and you never met her? That is a big azzz red flag IMO.

..and he isnt playing in the senior bowl after a pitiful last game? Dude is trying to hide...
    Yeah I'm right there with you felt. That is a major red flag. Everyone knows how I've been all over Te'o but this makes me take huge step back. This is very bizarre.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know if ILB will be high on the Steelers list, we still have spense and a reliable Larry foote. Maybe Foote agrees to a one year contract or something and we keep him.
    I have the feeling the Steelers will be looking at other positions before ILB, we'll get an undrafted one like Kenny Demens from Michigan and try to coach him up and groom him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plain and simple he jacked the media.... kinda like what Ben does, only worser.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah I'm right there with you felt. That is a major red flag. Everyone knows how I've been all over Te'o but this makes me take huge step back. This is very bizarre.
    I dont blame you... from the sound of it he had to be in on it at some point. Is he gay? Is he a phsycho? Cant see how he and his friend could do this for so long.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are dumber than a box of hammers if you have an "Internet" girlfriend in 2012 that you have never met and she "dies" right before the game she was suppossed to finally meet you and your family. Stay away from this moron.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont blame you... from the sound of it he had to be in on it at some point. Is he gay? Is he a phsycho? Cant see how he and his friend could do this for so long.
    IMO, he had to be involved in some way. This story is nuts!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You are dumber than a box of hammers if you have an "Internet" girlfriend in 2012 that you have never met and she "dies" right before the game she was suppossed to finally meet you and your family. Stay away from this moron.
    My hammers are smart

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    So let's get this straight: You (and snatch9 don't think LYING to the world (don't buy all this nonsense about HIM being a victim of a hoax here) and basically living a lie for four months isn't a character concern that would prevent you from picking him?

That's dumbfounding. I'm no psychologist, but it sounds a lot like sociopathic people I've read or heard about, exploits people's emotions and acting in a way that is devoid of conscience (exploiting the death of his own grandmother) for personal gain.
    Shoe- I wrote this based on the Senior Bowl news and not the news on his GF. See my later post inside this thread saying about how wierd this story has gotten. He's a great talent. Some don't think he is- probably just because they are biased towards ND football. However, as I later said, IF this story about his GF continues for weeks/ months this is going to hurt his chances with teams. Why would the Steelers want that as a distraction? I wouldn't want it. However, if this all blows over, why wouldn't you want this guy as a football player on your team? He's a playmaker.

Again, January is just too early to seriously talk the draft, but hey, we're all bored and need something to talk about...

*My initial thoughts on the story is that yea, he is somehow involved and knew about this.. We'll see where it goes.... Some of those reporters sounded to me that they talked to his father, brother, etc last fall and they must have led on that he met her in Hawaii..... ?????? Stay tuned.... lol
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe he is gay.