Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared of being exposed? Manti Te'o declines to play in the Senior Bowl

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You all are crazy. I'd take him in a second. Kiper has him (granted its just Kiper) going to Buffalo at #8. Or if his stock slips more at the combine, then the Steelers are in the conversation in picking him.... He mentioned Baltimore would love to jump up to take him so he can replace Lewis.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    You all are crazy. I'd take him in a second. Kiper has him (granted its just Kiper) going to Buffalo at #8. Or if his stock slips more at the combine, then the Steelers are in the conversation in picking him.... He mentioned Baltimore would love to jump up to take him so he can replace Lewis.
    He's nothing like Ray Lewis. He's a taller version of Lofa Tatupu.

I'll take Minter or Ogletree over him. Minter is a leader and has held up in the SEC. Ogletree is a freak of nature.

Scew Te'o if this crap about his girlfriend is true.
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-16-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions... However, I think you are wrong.... He's all over the field when he plays... He sticks out in games more so than any other LB I've seen in college in years... His body of work this year is greater than just one game....

Let's also remember that Lewis was picked like 26th in round 1. So, there was some reluctance there on 25 other teams to pick him, and look where he is today... Again, the draft is a crap shoot, but seeing Te'o play this fall, he does stand out when he plays..
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-16-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree. I don't see how this hurts the guys ability to lead. If anything it just says he's fvcking weird.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions... However, I think you are wrong.... He's all over the field when he plays... He sticks out in games more so than any other LB I've seen in college in years... His body of work this year is greater than just one game....

Let's also remember that Lewis was picked like 26th in round 1. So, there was some reluctance there on 25 other teams to pick him, and look where he is today... Again, the draft is a crap shoot, but seeing Te'o play this fall, he does stand out when he plays..
    Completely disagree. There is nothing that stands out about his skills or abilities to place him above Minter or Ogletree. His character is now very much in question.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Watching ESPN right now... this makes so many people look so bad. He says it was a hoax but if you found out in December why are we just finding out about it from deadspin.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I agree. I don't see how this hurts the guys ability to lead. If anything it just says he's fvcking weird.
    If it comes out he knew about this....it doesn't hurt his ability to lead? He would have zero credibility. None.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, I would agree, that IF this story gets wierder as the weeks/ months go on, the Steelers, I doubt, would want that kind of distraction on the team. This alone COULD hurt his chances for a lot of teams.... Just totally bizarre story..... January is too early to be talking about these mocks, but I know we're all bored w/ football right now....
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend

User Info Menu

He stood out because NBC was on his nuts because he had 2 deaths in a week... i watch ND all the time to cheer against him and he didnt stand out until the Yahoo story. He wasnt a beast until they got a great DL and the d was the weakness the last 3 years.

Feaux girlfriend aside... look at the teams they played this year. Most underacheived...

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I would agree, that IF this story gets wierder as the weeks/ months go on, the Steelers, I doubt, would want that kind of distraction on the team. This alone COULD hurt his chances for a lot of teams.... Just totally bizarre story..... January is too early to be talking about these mocks, but I know we're all bored w/ football right now....
    Its weird enough already No photos, no death certificate... i know people get duped all the time on the web but how do you let the media run with your girlfriends death and you never met her? That is a big azzz red flag IMO.

..and he isnt playing in the senior bowl after a pitiful last game? Dude is trying to hide...