Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Scared of being exposed? Manti Te'o declines to play in the Senior Bowl

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Now a LB from Arizona claims to have met her. This is odd. Something stinks.
    I saw this too- had the tweet last night on ESPN. Did you catch the guy's name? He was saying that he met this girl way before Te'o even knew who she was..... I wonder if 'she' was some sort of a blow up doll....lol

    Edited- ok here is what I found just by googling this:

    "To complicate matters further, Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Maui’a claims that Lennay Kekua, the name given to Te’o's fake girlfriend, is in fact real. Maui’a spoke to ESPN on Kekua and told them he met her in American Samoa in June 2011. “This was before her and Manti,” Maui’a told ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on....." From Yardbarker website.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-17-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  2. #42
    The GF is a beard. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but there is a stigma, especially in major college football and in the NFL...

    Not to mention an Irish Catholic university like ND...

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I saw this too- had the tweet last night on ESPN. Did you catch the guy's name? He was saying that he met this girl way before Te'o even knew who she was..... I wonder if 'she' was some sort of a blow up doll....lol

    Edited- ok here is what I found just by googling this:

    "To complicate matters further, Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Maui’a claims that Lennay Kekua, the name given to Te’o's fake girlfriend, is in fact real. Maui’a spoke to ESPN on Kekua and told them he met her in American Samoa in June 2011. “This was before her and Manti,” Maui’a told ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on....." From Yardbarker website.
    ...and to make matters worse the guy said Troy was there on humanitarian work as well at the same time.

    Now... Te'o and South Bend said they met in 2009 at Stanford (which is a lie) but how does this guy know she is the same girl if he met her before Te'o was in the picture? Te'o never saw her and the photo's used were of a girl Te'o's friend went to HS with in Cali.

    Not trying to bag on Somoans but they tend to like the liquor and they stick together (literally in Te'o's case). I wouldn't be surprised if the guy from AZ was trying to help a brother out of a sticky situation but if I'm his agent or Troy I tell him to STFU and stay away from this story.

  4. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The GF is a beard. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but there is a stigma, especially in major college football and in the NFL...

    Not to mention an Irish Catholic university like ND...
    So... be gay.. or be gay in hiding.. or make up a GF to keep other girls off you on campus. But DO NOT...and I repeat DO NOT tell SI, ESPN, NBC, Yahoo and others that she died. That's elementary level lying and I can't believe it worked for so long. I believed it because stupid me thinks the media does this thing called fact checking.

    Is it really too hard to say she broke up with him or cheated on him and broke it off? Why she gotta die after Luekemia and a car accident the same week as your grandmother? That's compulsive...

    Moral of the story... RESIGN Mendenhall, maybe he is smarter than we thought when it comes to quesitoning the media. LOL
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.

  5. #45
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,498
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...and to make matters worse the guy said Troy was there on humanitarian work as well at the same time.

    Now... Te'o and South Bend said they met in 2009 at Stanford (which is a lie) but how does this guy know she is the same girl if he met her before Te'o was in the picture? Te'o never saw her and the photo's used were of a girl Te'o's friend went to HS with in Cali.

    Not trying to bag on Somoans but they tend to like the liquor and they stick together (literally in Te'o's case). I wouldn't be surprised if the guy from AZ was trying to help a brother out of a sticky situation but if I'm his agent or Troy I tell him to STFU and stay away from this story.

    Reagan Maui’a: Troy Polamalu was not involved in Manti Te’o hoax

    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 17, 2013, 10:23 AM EST

    Reagan Maui’a has some type of involvement in the bizarre hoax surrounding the fake girlfriend of former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o. Maui’a made that clear when he claimed to have met Lennay Kekua, a person who does not exist.

    But Maui’a wants everyone to know that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu had nothing to do with the hoax. And Polamalu wants everyone to know that, too.

    Maui’a, a fullback who has bounced around the NFL for six seasons, most recently with the Cardinals, took to Twitter on Thursday morning and wrote that Polamalu never met the person who was posing as “Lennay Kekua,” and that Polamalu had nothing to do with the hoax. Maui’a said Polamalu is “being unfairly dragged into this.”



    Troy Polamalu did not meet Lennay or knew of her @ all. He's being unfairly dragged into this & has absolutely no involvement.

    — Reagan Maui'a (@Reagan_Mauia45) January 17, 2013



    Polamalu re-tweeted that tweet so that his 500,000-plus Twitter followers would see it, so Polamalu was obviously concerned about people thinking he might have some involvement in this bizarre story.

    Maui’a also told reporters that if they were planning to call him for a story about the case they shouldn’t bother because he’s done talking about it. For the rest of us, however, this is a bizarre story that is not going away.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anti-teo-hoax/

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,478
    Maybe Reagan Maui’a was smoking the Maui wowee and thought Troy was Lennay.. long hair, tight build, soft voice? LOL

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Yea, there was a hoax all right; Te'o pretending he had a girlfriend who he LOVED and only knew on line. That was the hoax. Why he would do that? We can speculate. But I think most of us are thinking the likely reason why.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Report: Te’o “loved the attention,” and teammates were suspicious

    Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2013, 4:04 PM EST
    APWith each passing hour that Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o remains silent regarding the hoax he claims via a written statement was perpetrated on him, the initial impressions formed by members of the public harden.
    And even more information is surfacing to persuade those who are undecided to make up their minds.
    The latest comes from Bob Holtzman of ESPN, who reported on College Football Live (via Rotoworld.com) that Te’o's teammates at Notre Dame sensed that something was amiss regarding the claims of a girlfriend who died in September.
    “I talked to a former Notre Dame teammate of Te’o's today, who told me that most players always thought that this wasn’t really Te’o's girlfriend,” Holtzman said. “And that they always suspected that this didn’t really add up with the story. [The teammate] also told me that Te’o loved the attention and that even though the story may not have been what it seemed to be, that he was more than happy to play along with it.”
    This report suggests that, while the relationship may have begun as a hoax, Te’o played along with it, given that it helped create attention and, ultimately, sympathy.
    Anyone who is inclined to be sympathetic to Te’o now needs to hear from him, so that they can justify feeling that way. He needs to talk, and he needs to do it as soon as possible.
    www.profootballtalk.com

    This is going to stick to him big time.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  9. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,478
    Te'o found out on Dec 6th and told ND it was a hoax... on Dec 8th a reporter asked him what was the toughest thing to overcome this season and he said it wadls the death of his girlfriend. So... after he knew it was a hoax he still used it. Dude is pathelogical.

  10. #50
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    I think T'eo got addicted to this.....http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3526/3...1ec4bc76_z.jpg Lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •