Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Scared of being exposed? Manti Te'o declines to play in the Senior Bowl

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, we're all entitled to our opinions... However, I think you are wrong.... He's all over the field when he plays... He sticks out in games more so than any other LB I've seen in college in years... His body of work this year is greater than just one game....

    Let's also remember that Lewis was picked like 26th in round 1. So, there was some reluctance there on 25 other teams to pick him, and look where he is today... Again, the draft is a crap shoot, but seeing Te'o play this fall, he does stand out when he plays..
    So let's get this straight: You (and snatch9 don't think LYING to the world (don't buy all this nonsense about HIM being a victim of a hoax here) and basically living a lie for four months isn't a character concern that would prevent you from picking him?

    That's dumbfounding. I'm no psychologist, but it sounds a lot like sociopathic people I've read or heard about, exploits people's emotions and acting in a way that is devoid of conscience (exploiting the death of his own grandmother) for personal gain.

  2. #22
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Its weird enough already No photos, no death certificate... i know people get duped all the time on the web but how do you let the media run with your girlfriends death and you never met her? That is a big azzz red flag IMO.

    ..and he isnt playing in the senior bowl after a pitiful last game? Dude is trying to hide...
    Yeah I'm right there with you felt. That is a major red flag. Everyone knows how I've been all over Te'o but this makes me take huge step back. This is very bizarre.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    I don't know if ILB will be high on the Steelers list, we still have spense and a reliable Larry foote. Maybe Foote agrees to a one year contract or something and we keep him.
    I have the feeling the Steelers will be looking at other positions before ILB, we'll get an undrafted one like Kenny Demens from Michigan and try to coach him up and groom him.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,261
    Plain and simple he jacked the media.... kinda like what Ben does, only worser.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah I'm right there with you felt. That is a major red flag. Everyone knows how I've been all over Te'o but this makes me take huge step back. This is very bizarre.
    I dont blame you... from the sound of it he had to be in on it at some point. Is he gay? Is he a phsycho? Cant see how he and his friend could do this for so long.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,317
    You are dumber than a box of hammers if you have an "Internet" girlfriend in 2012 that you have never met and she "dies" right before the game she was suppossed to finally meet you and your family. Stay away from this moron.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont blame you... from the sound of it he had to be in on it at some point. Is he gay? Is he a phsycho? Cant see how he and his friend could do this for so long.
    IMO, he had to be involved in some way. This story is nuts!!

  8. #28
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You are dumber than a box of hammers if you have an "Internet" girlfriend in 2012 that you have never met and she "dies" right before the game she was suppossed to finally meet you and your family. Stay away from this moron.
    My hammers are smart

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    So let's get this straight: You (and snatch9 don't think LYING to the world (don't buy all this nonsense about HIM being a victim of a hoax here) and basically living a lie for four months isn't a character concern that would prevent you from picking him?

    That's dumbfounding. I'm no psychologist, but it sounds a lot like sociopathic people I've read or heard about, exploits people's emotions and acting in a way that is devoid of conscience (exploiting the death of his own grandmother) for personal gain.
    Shoe- I wrote this based on the Senior Bowl news and not the news on his GF. See my later post inside this thread saying about how wierd this story has gotten. He's a great talent. Some don't think he is- probably just because they are biased towards ND football. However, as I later said, IF this story about his GF continues for weeks/ months this is going to hurt his chances with teams. Why would the Steelers want that as a distraction? I wouldn't want it. However, if this all blows over, why wouldn't you want this guy as a football player on your team? He's a playmaker.

    Again, January is just too early to seriously talk the draft, but hey, we're all bored and need something to talk about...


    *My initial thoughts on the story is that yea, he is somehow involved and knew about this.. We'll see where it goes.... Some of those reporters sounded to me that they talked to his father, brother, etc last fall and they must have led on that he met her in Hawaii..... ?????? Stay tuned.... lol
    Last edited by pfelix73; 01-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  10. #30
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Maybe he is gay.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •