Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Scared of being exposed? Manti Te'o declines to play in the Senior Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

Before the Bama game I told a good friend I'd love this guy in the black and gold. I understand a bad game but he was absolutely a NON factor in the biggest game of his career. Missed tackles, bad angles, getting trucked. An awful performance. Too much at stake with a 1st round pick to hope it was a fluke. Superior talent crushed him and now he doesn't have the desire to step up and correct that impression (which might be worse). No thanks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watch the movie Catfish or the show catfish on MTV. It is mind boggling that people will have a relationships over the internet for very long periods of time. The death thing might have been the first REAL red flag. Did he know? Did Ben have misconduct with women?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Watch the movie Catfish or the show catfish on MTV. It is mind boggling that people will have a relationships over the internet for very long periods of time. The death thing might have been the first REAL red flag. Did he know? Did Ben have misconduct with women?
    Read the deadspin article.. someone contacted the guy who directed Catfish and has a show on MTV.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Before the Bama game I told a good friend I'd love this guy in the black and gold. I understand a bad game but he was absolutely a NON factor in the biggest game of his career. Missed tackles, bad angles, getting trucked. An awful performance. Too much at stake with a 1st round pick to hope it was a fluke. Superior talent crushed him and now he doesn't have the desire to step up and correct that impression (which might be worse). No thanks.
    Exactly.. how do you refuse to play in the senior bowl after that effort? No thanks... and then you add this crazy ass story to it and its a real concern.

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, Chadman doesn't particularly 'want' Te'o.... he's not a dominating player in any regard- but very solid.

This story is odd. Something is not right here. Chadman hopes that Te'o is ok & getting the help & guidance he'll need in regard to this. No judgement...if he says he's a victim of a hoax, why not believe it? There are millions of people in the world that want to believe so much that there is someone special for them that their own view gets skewed & they can't see the truth of a situation.

This could be something like that. How do we know that Te'o isn't a gullible person? Or an very insecure person, willing to grab on to any kind of hope?

If it turns out that this is a hoax & Te'o was in on it- no doubt his career will be dogged by it.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman... there are too many documented stories of him meeting her in person. His dad said she would come to visit when he was in Cali or Hawaii. The red flag for me isvthe lack if info from ND, Te'o, etc once they knew in late Dec.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Chadman... there are too many documented stories of him meeting her in person. His dad said she would come to visit when he was in Cali or Hawaii. The red flag for me isvthe lack if info from ND, Te'o, etc once they knew in late Dec.
    It all seems very strange..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Now a LB from Arizona claims to have met her. This is odd. Something stinks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    But, did his dad ever see the gf? Sounds like T'eo was involved with some catfisher over the net (which is strange but not horrific). He was likely embarassed by the relationship, made a few things up along the way not knowing he was being dupped.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    But, did his dad ever see the gf? Sounds like T'eo was involved with some catfisher over the net (which is strange but not horrific). He was likely embarassed by the relationship, made a few things up along the way not knowing he was being dupped.
    The catfisher was HIS friend or boyfriend...

Even if he was duped the fact that he made a few things up along the way is the problem. IMO Notre Dame was in on it too once they found out on Dec. 26th. This story put him on the map and there are too many red flags to think he was tricked for 3 years.

The story about meeting her at Stanford in 2009 after an ND loss and touching her hand that ran in the South Bend Tribune? his male friend was there..
    The story of the car accident? His friend was in a car accident

How are all these things happening to an amazing Stanford Alum and there is no record of any of these events or paper trails?

...and once again, how is your friend duping you for so long? I don't buy it at all...