Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert (1/16)

Issued some statements. Bouchette's twitter has them.

Basically, 8-8 team, lots of changes coming. Does not sound like they will use the tag on any of their UFAs. First priority is cap compliance. Will include extensions, terminations and restructures.

Sounds like an upgrade is coming at RB: "Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position.''

According to Bouchette, sounds like all the UFAs will have an opportunity to test the market. I wish they'd work on resigning Keenan Lewis as the secondary has finally become a strenght, but no issue with letting the others test the waters.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 01-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

Basically, 8-8 team, lots of changes coming. Does not sound like they will use the tag on any of their UFAs. First priority is cap compliance. Will include extensions, terminations and restructures.

Sounds like an upgrade is coming at RB: "Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position.''
    D@mn those are fairly harsh words directed at the running backs on this team. I don't know where you go from there, you can't release them all, but which of them do you keep if you believe their talent level is that bad?

Interesting stuff right there.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    D@mn those are fairly harsh words directed at the running backs on this team. I don't know where you go from there, you can't release them all, but which of them do you keep if you believe their talent level is that bad?

Pappy
    Rainey is gone, and I think Mendy will be, too...that leaves Dwyer, Redman and Batch. You add a top-flight RB, and keep at least two of those three. Batch may not make the cut, or they may decide not to try to re-sign Redman. We shall see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    The Steelers RBs were a relative bargain. Sum total they contributed to about 25% of the offensive yardage, but accounted for only about 5% of the total salary cap. You could almost say the Steelers got their money's worth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What RB free agents are out there. Wonder what it would take to trade to Seattle for Robert Turbin. I think that dude is going to be a stud RB in this league when he gets his shot to start.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    What RB free agents are out there. Wonder what it would take to trade to Seattle for Robert Turbin. I think that dude is going to be a stud RB in this league when he gets his shot to start.
    Just not very realistic. Why would they weaken their team to benefit us? Turbin will be a starting caliber RB that can sub in for an injured Beast.

How about Jones-Drew from the Jaguars if he is healthy?
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-16-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Just not very realistic. Why would they weaken their team to benefit us? Turbin will be a starting caliber RB that can sub in for an injured Beast.

I would love to have Jones Drew, and I think he would fit in well here. There is no way we would have the cap space to make that happen. Not to mention, it certainly wouldnt be a move the Steelers typically make.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Probably one semi-surprise cut and hopefully one surprise FA signing in the works this spring, before the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

Draft picks....trade a backup at one position where the starter is a very good player to gain a draft pick to address a real weakness. Was just an idea. I think we can get a good RB in the mid rounds if we pick the right one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

According to Bouchette, sounds like all the UFAs will have an opportunity to test the market. I wish they'd work on resigning Keenan Lewis as the secondary has finally become a strenght, but no issue with letting the others test the waters.
    They are going to let Keenan Lewis see what he will get from the market. There are quite a few good Free Agent Corners on the market. They will see what he gets offered.

I think he comes back here if the money is decent for one main reason: Carnell Lake.

I also think they are going to try to get further under the cap than we think to bring a few decent FA's.
    Here comes the BOOM!