Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    D@mn those are fairly harsh words directed at the running backs on this team. I don't know where you go from there, you can't release them all, but which of them do you keep if you believe their talent level is that bad?

Interesting stuff right there.

Pappy
    The Steelers RBs were a relative bargain. Sum total they contributed to about 25% of the offensive yardage, but accounted for only about 5% of the total salary cap. You could almost say the Steelers got their money's worth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Just not very realistic. Why would they weaken their team to benefit us? Turbin will be a starting caliber RB that can sub in for an injured Beast.

How about Jones-Drew from the Jaguars if he is healthy?
    Draft picks....trade a backup at one position where the starter is a very good player to gain a draft pick to address a real weakness. Was just an idea. I think we can get a good RB in the mid rounds if we pick the right one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looks like the Steelers are going to clean house on the deadwood and underperforming players. Like they said 8-8 is unacceptable so why should they keep the same players.
    The only question I would have is why would they let a consistent player like Starks leave when they were having issues with the offensive line?
    I could see Foster and Colon leaving but they are making a mistake letting Starks go.

We could get by maybe, but what if the line hits the injury bug again? I guess they are going to draft some more linemen, I really don't know but it makes no sense to weaken that line and hope everything will work out without Starks.

Legend

User Info Menu

The only question I would have is why would they let a consistent player like Starks leave when they were having issues with the offensive line?
    2 words- Salary Cap.

The Steelers are supposedly $16m over the cap right now- not even factoring in the $7m it will take to keep the RFA's & ERFA's. $23m.....

Who is more important- Keenan Lewis or Max Starks? That'll likely be the question the Steelers face.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Khan isn't indispensable. Khan is a good cap guy and has probably learned personnel, but he isn't a devastating loss.
    Khan got us into the salary cap mess we are in now. Not saying he was incompetent but his following oreders to hold together a fading defense and retain defensive players who are underperforming has created a mess for us.

I love that Colbert has put everyone on notice because this is the year to "blow it up" and take two years to get a roster that can make a nice three year run to close out Ben's career.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Khan got us into the salary cap mess we are in now. Not saying he was incompetent but his following oreders to hold together a fading defense and retain defensive players who are underperforming has created a mess for us.

I love that Colbert has put everyone on notice because this is the year to "blow it up" and take two years to get a roster that can make a nice three year run to close out Ben's career.
    I wouldn't blame Khan exclusively, it's my feeling that Art II, Colbert, Khan and Tomlin sat down and asked themselves can we make a run with Ben, Troy, Harrison, Taylor, Clark and Woodley as the core and if we believe we can how do we make that happen. They made it happen, unfortunately, injuries to every one of them over the past two years derailed the plan and now the Steelers are in cap Hades and are going to have to make some tough, but necessary decisions.

One of them is one that I hate to see, but probably necessary, and that is Harrison, this guy is a mean SOB and brought attitude and 110% effort every down he was on the field, regardless of health. It's tough to cut a guy like that, but they probably have to.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Letting Lewis go would be just plain ignorant. Ike is not a spring chicken and we need to keep an eye toward the future. I hope we keep Foster as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Letting Lewis go would be just plain ignorant. Ike is not a spring chicken and we need to keep an eye toward the future. I hope we keep Foster as well.
    Yes to Lewis. Prefer keeping Starks over Foster, but if Foster is the only consolation prize then we need to keep so we don't weaken our OL too much.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes to Lewis. Prefer keeping Starks over Foster, but if Foster is the only consolation prize then we need to keep so we don't weaken our OL too much.
    Agree, forgot about Starks...would love to keep him as well.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Absolutely. Lewis should be a priority and I dont know why they are so eager to get rid of Starks. I think we may see a surprise cut ala Kirkland way back when.