Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

Administrator

User Info Menu

What about Chris Ivory from the Saints? He's a RFA that is underutilized and has played very well with limited opportunities.

He's basically #4 on the Saints depth chart but was bumped up due to injuries. The Saints are loaded at RB with Sproles, Ingram, Pierre Thomas (extended contract last year), and Chris Ivory.

This would be a very good signing.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    What about Chris Ivory from the Saints? He's a RFA that is underutilized and has played very well with limited opportunities.

He's basically #4 on the Saints depth chart but was bumped up due to injuries. The Saints are loaded at RB with Sproles, Ingram, Pierre Thomas (extended contract last year), and Chris Ivory.

This would be a very good signing.
    Ivory was an UDFA...he'll be tendered some kind of offer, but will not require draft pick compensation unless they give him a high tender...

Will they do so considering that they gave him only 40 carries this year?

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't know what the tender is but I think the Steelers should take a very close look at him. I would look at replacing Mendenhall with Ivory. I think he is starter material. Ivory was opening up some eyes when he got the opportunity to play. They were even talking about Ivory getting bumped up the depth chart at the expense of Ingram's carries.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't know what the tender is but I think the Steelers should take a very close look at him. I would look at replacing Mendenhall with Ivory. I think he is starter material. Ivory was opening up some eyes when he got the opportunity to play. They were even talking about Ivory getting bumped up the depth chart at the expense of Ingram's carries.
    True, but that didn't happen...

The Steelers need to get cap compliant first...then, I'd love to see them get a couple of young, cheap free agents was something to prove...give them incentive laden contracts and put them on the field...

Chris Ivory for one and Ramses Barden for another...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    True, but that didn't happen...
    It didn't happen because #1 Sproles got healthy. No matter what, you can't take Sproles out of the NO lineup especially with his big play ability in the passing game.

#2 - Ingram started playing because he knew his job was in jeopardy.

That's good for the Steelers. If he took Ingram's job and Ivory continued his success, we likely couldn't afford him right now. Now, he should be affordable and is a good fit for the Steelers IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It didn't happen because #1 Sproles got healthy. No matter what, you can't take Sproles out of the NO lineup especially with his big play ability in the passing game.

#2 - Ingram started playing because he knew his job was in jeopardy.

That's good for the Steelers. If he took Ingram's job and Ivory continued his success, we likely couldn't afford him right now. Now, he should be affordable and is a good fit for the Steelers IMO.
    Hell, I'd even give up a 3rd or 4th day draft pick for him...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like Ivory a lot. He runs like he's on fire and can protect the QB in pass pro.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ivory does run hard. I would like this move too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ivory looks like a good player- but don't the Steelers already have 2 Chris Ivory's on the roster in Dwyer & Redman?

They play to similarly for Chadman.

We need a Sproles more than an Ivory. There is no Steeler RB that can beat the defense to the edge with speed. The Steelers lack speed, particularly when you take Rainey, Mendenhall & wallace off the roster.

They can do 3 yard runs already. We need someone that can spring a 50+ yard run.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Just to clarify- Chadman is aware that Sproles is not a FA, not suggesting the Steelers get Darren Sproles specifically- more that type of RB.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT