Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKExSPzw2I

Here's a bit of what ya need.

By the way- anyone know who #73 for the Gators is? The LT? That dude can block.
    I'll see your clip and raise you:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...run-vs-falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. He's a guy with a good combination of speed and power. The Steelers would be dumb not to take a serious look at him.

He should be affordable.

He's young.

He's seen some playing time and has played very well but he's buried on a depth chart that already has 3 very good RBs (Sproles, Ingram, Thomas).

He runs with a purpose and can run inside and outside the tackles.

That kid seemed to have good vision in the hole and was decisive with his cuts. There were a lot of nice runs in that clip even the ones that went for short yardage. It seems he'll make a nice pro. What round is he projected to be taken?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    The RB's from Rutgers and NC both look pretty good too. Of course Ivory is a stud, he played at Washington State.

The Post Gazette article " shake up of roster coming " has fans questioning who is in this so called shake up, maybe it should be called shake down to see what you have.

I can't see losing Lewis, Starks, Harrison,Foster, Colon, Wallace, Mendy,foote, Hampton, and any others will help us better that 8-8 record Colbert talks about.

We need Lewis and Starks more than the rest, even Foote deserves 1 more year, but how do you unload so many players and expect to be a better team right away? They will have to depend on Worlids replacing Harrison and Woodley having a better year, and that Gilbert, Adams, and Beachum can play well.
    Not only that we have to find a back that will improve our run game and hope the o-line can open holes and hold blocks for whoever they draft or bring in. I didn't even mention the punter yet, and who's going to coach our O-line.

Its going to be very interesting to see what transpires over the next several months, the transition is in its second phase lets all hope it is a smooth one, and Colbert doesn't overkill.

Pro Bowler
    I think there is less than a zero chance that we see wholesale changes on the roster. It's just not the way the Steelers operate.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    I think 'big' changes for the Steelers will be letting Colon and Hampton go, along with Wallace and Mendenhall in free agency.

Regarding RB's to look at...I think another Saint Rb that would be interesting would be Pierre Thomas.

Legend
    I'm down with targeting Ivory or Shonn Greene. Both those guys are violent runners which is what we really need.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm down with targeting Ivory or Shonn Greene. Both those guys are violent runners which is what we really need.
    no thanks on Green
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I think 'big' changes for the Steelers will be letting Colon and Hampton go, along with Wallace and Mendenhall in free agency.

Regarding RB's to look at...I think another Saint Rb that would be interesting would be Pierre Thomas.
    I think he signed a deal in 2011 and it was for 5 years. If I were the Saints GM, I would likely let Thomas walk in favor of Ivory but I don't know if they'll do that. I don't know what the "dead" money would be if they did that.

Ivory is a RFA.

Thomas has been a solid player for the Saints for awhile. He basically started over Reggie Bush. I would take Ivory over Thomas because he's 4 years younger and has a lot less tread on the tires.