Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

  1. #1

    Colbert (1/16)

    Issued some statements. Bouchette's twitter has them.

    Basically, 8-8 team, lots of changes coming. Does not sound like they will use the tag on any of their UFAs. First priority is cap compliance. Will include extensions, terminations and restructures.

    Sounds like an upgrade is coming at RB: "Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position.''

    According to Bouchette, sounds like all the UFAs will have an opportunity to test the market. I wish they'd work on resigning Keenan Lewis as the secondary has finally become a strenght, but no issue with letting the others test the waters.
    Last edited by phillyesq; 01-16-2013 at 01:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Issued some statements. Bouchette's twitter has them.

    Basically, 8-8 team, lots of changes coming. Does not sound like they will use the tag on any of their UFAs. First priority is cap compliance. Will include extensions, terminations and restructures.

    Sounds like an upgrade is coming at RB: "Where we were in running game last year was indicative in the talent at the position.''
    D@mn those are fairly harsh words directed at the running backs on this team. I don't know where you go from there, you can't release them all, but which of them do you keep if you believe their talent level is that bad?

    Interesting stuff right there.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    What RB free agents are out there. Wonder what it would take to trade to Seattle for Robert Turbin. I think that dude is going to be a stud RB in this league when he gets his shot to start.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    D@mn those are fairly harsh words directed at the running backs on this team. I don't know where you go from there, you can't release them all, but which of them do you keep if you believe their talent level is that bad?

    Interesting stuff right there.

    Pappy
    Rainey is gone, and I think Mendy will be, too...that leaves Dwyer, Redman and Batch. You add a top-flight RB, and keep at least two of those three. Batch may not make the cut, or they may decide not to try to re-sign Redman. We shall see.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    What RB free agents are out there. Wonder what it would take to trade to Seattle for Robert Turbin. I think that dude is going to be a stud RB in this league when he gets his shot to start.
    Just not very realistic. Why would they weaken their team to benefit us? Turbin will be a starting caliber RB that can sub in for an injured Beast.

    How about Jones-Drew from the Jaguars if he is healthy?
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-16-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Issued some statements. Bouchette's twitter has them.

    Basically, 8-8 team, lots of changes coming. Does not sound like they will use the tag on any of their UFAs. First priority is cap compliance. Will include extensions, terminations and restructures.

    According to Bouchette, sounds like all the UFAs will have an opportunity to test the market. I wish they'd work on resigning Keenan Lewis as the secondary has finally become a strenght, but no issue with letting the others test the waters.
    They are going to let Keenan Lewis see what he will get from the market. There are quite a few good Free Agent Corners on the market. They will see what he gets offered.

    I think he comes back here if the money is decent for one main reason: Carnell Lake.

    I also think they are going to try to get further under the cap than we think to bring a few decent FA's.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,382
    It would be nice if they could bring in a ILB to plug into Foote's spot ala Farrior back when he was signed out of nowhere. I dont know who is out there though.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    It would be nice if they could bring in a ILB to plug into Foote's spot ala Farrior back when he was signed out of nowhere. I dont know who is out there though.
    Ahh my friend, I have just the man for you. His name is Larry Grant. He backs up Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis at San Fran. He started three games for Willis last year and excelled at his position in the 3-4.

    The good news is he is a URFA and will come at a very reasonable contract. He is an upgrade over Foote in a heartbeat and can play in space.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Re: the running backs, Redman is the only one who appears to have any heart. And we really don't know what we have in Batch because he was coming off an ACL to start his career and otherwise seems like a good kid.

    Mendy's attitude and Dwyer's conditioning have probably grated on the nerves of the team long enough.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •