Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Colbert (1/16)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKExSPzw2I[/URL]

Here's a bit of what ya need.

By the way- anyone know who #73 for the Gators is? The LT? That dude can block.
    I'll see your clip and raise you:

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1404859-chris-ivory-goes-beastmode-on-56-yard-touchdown-run-vs-falcons[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1404859-chris-ivory-goes-beastmode-on-56-yard-touchdown-run-vs-falcons[/URL]
    That's what I'm talking about. He's a guy with a good combination of speed and power. The Steelers would be dumb not to take a serious look at him.

He should be affordable.

He's young.

He's seen some playing time and has played very well but he's buried on a depth chart that already has 3 very good RBs (Sproles, Ingram, Thomas).

He runs with a purpose and can run inside and outside the tackles.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

That kid seemed to have good vision in the hole and was decisive with his cuts. There were a lot of nice runs in that clip even the ones that went for short yardage. It seems he'll make a nice pro. What round is he projected to be taken?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The RB's from Rutgers and NC both look pretty good too. Of course Ivory is a stud, he played at Washington State.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Post Gazette article " shake up of roster coming " has fans questioning who is in this so called shake up, maybe it should be called shake down to see what you have.

I can't see losing Lewis, Starks, Harrison,Foster, Colon, Wallace, Mendy,foote, Hampton, and any others will help us better that 8-8 record Colbert talks about.

We need Lewis and Starks more than the rest, even Foote deserves 1 more year, but how do you unload so many players and expect to be a better team right away? They will have to depend on Worlids replacing Harrison and Woodley having a better year, and that Gilbert, Adams, and Beachum can play well.
    Not only that we have to find a back that will improve our run game and hope the o-line can open holes and hold blocks for whoever they draft or bring in. I didn't even mention the punter yet, and who's going to coach our O-line.

Its going to be very interesting to see what transpires over the next several months, the transition is in its second phase lets all hope it is a smooth one, and Colbert doesn't overkill.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think there is less than a zero chance that we see wholesale changes on the roster. It's just not the way the Steelers operate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think 'big' changes for the Steelers will be letting Colon and Hampton go, along with Wallace and Mendenhall in free agency.

Regarding RB's to look at...I think another Saint Rb that would be interesting would be Pierre Thomas.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm down with targeting Ivory or Shonn Greene. Both those guys are violent runners which is what we really need.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm down with targeting Ivory or Shonn Greene. Both those guys are violent runners which is what we really need.
    no thanks on Green
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I think 'big' changes for the Steelers will be letting Colon and Hampton go, along with Wallace and Mendenhall in free agency.

Regarding RB's to look at...I think another Saint Rb that would be interesting would be Pierre Thomas.
    I think he signed a deal in 2011 and it was for 5 years. If I were the Saints GM, I would likely let Thomas walk in favor of Ivory but I don't know if they'll do that. I don't know what the "dead" money would be if they did that.

Ivory is a RFA.

Thomas has been a solid player for the Saints for awhile. He basically started over Reggie Bush. I would take Ivory over Thomas because he's 4 years younger and has a lot less tread on the tires.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.