Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doom and Gloom...its at it's highest!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No, you're not wrong. Going from 6-2 to 8-8 is totally unacceptable. And the lack of team discipline was pathetic. Tomlin was a disgrace this season. But if he looks "cool" wearing his sunglasses and twirling his whistle, we are supposed to overlook the lack of team discipline. After all, he looks cool in his sunglasses.
    Are you a closet racist? What does his looks have to do with anything? A lot of your rants about Tomlin have to do with his looks or what he wears. What's up with that?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont think I can ever remember a Steeler off season where as many fans as there are now who are so down on this football team. If you didn't know any better you'd think we were the Cleveland Browns.
    You know the funny thing is. After a losing season most of these doom and gloom "fans" would fire all the coaches, and replace the QB. They might as well all be Browns fans because thats exactly what the Browns do on a yearly basis. They lose and then they scrap everything and start all over again. That knee jerk, nonsense philosophy is exactly why the Browns are a doormat year in and year out. Yet so many fans would have the Steelers do tings the same way if they could.

Its so easy to tell sometimes who really knows football, and who just has the game on while they are drinking beer with their buddies. Its always the later that think they know everything. BTW its also easy to tell who has mutiple screen names and plays games with this site like its his own personal playground.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Are you a closet racist? What does his looks have to do with anything? A lot of your rants about Tomlin have to do with his looks or what he wears. What's up with that?
    Are you on any medications? I never once referenced what Tomlin wears, other than sunglasses. And, you are big time out of line with claiming I am a racist. All I have asserted about Tomlin is his ever expanding girth and his failure of establishing team discipline. (Was it a coincidence that at the same time Tomlin got fat is the same season that team discipline was at an all-time low?) I never once made any reference to his race whatsoever and you are breaking board rules by making such an accusation. I demand an apology. The breaking of board rules is to be addressed. Not doing so would be an application of hypocrisy.

Remember that the words you type whether positive or negative will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

o Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

o Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images.

o Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).

o Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.

o Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Are you on any medications? I never once referenced what Tomlin wears, other than sunglasses. And, you are big time out of line with claiming I am a racist. All I have asserted about Tomlin is his ever expanding girth and his failure of establishing team discipline. (Was it a coincidence that at the same time Tomlin got fat is the same season that team discipline was at an all-time low?) I never once made any reference to his race whatsoever and you are breaking board rules by making such an accusation. I demand an apology. The breaking of board rules is to be addressed. Not doing so would be an application of hypocrisy.
    You get no apology. My question didn't break any board rules. I didn't claim you were a racist. It was a question and you answered it strongly in the reverse.

Grow a pair.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think its doom and gloom, Steelers fans are just questioning things that occured this season. They are trying to figure out how the Steelers organization is going to answer all the issues.
    Personally, I love this team even with their 8-8 record. I'm looking forward to the draft and hope we find players that can help us, plus some gems that other teams missed.

I also deal in reality and take the homer shirt off. We all want our team to succeed even the most critical fan does, but like Ryan Clark stated we fans are spoiled because of the sustained success this team had over the years. I think we have a core of good players and as mentioned plug in some players through the draft and the team will rebound and I have faith they will.

When I say rebound, I mean we will be competitive and we won't be the Titans Browns or other perennial losers and we might even make the playoffs next season. The front office usually makes good decisions and don't take a knee jerk approach when seasons like this happen but at the same time they have a lot to deal with this off season.
    What I'm trying to convey here is too much uncertainty to think we will be a Super Bowl contender next season, if you think they will then I admire you for your optimism.
    When this season started, I thought we would have a great shot of contending, circumstances happened that derailed that thought and we seen the results.
    Looking ahead I think we'll be ok and be a better team, but sorry, IMHO not Super Bowl bound, too many issues to get resolved to get back to being a championship team. My position doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone here, I think I'm being reasonable in my expectations, if you think otherwise thats ok.
    We are here to discuss our Steelers and there are differences of opinions, my hope is we get back on track to be that SB contender but I just don't see it for 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

i am guilty of being a gloom and doomer.
    i guess i just need to hang my hat on 'luck' to fix all the things wrong with this team. no need to address certain players, certain coaches, certain decisions, salary cap, etc etc.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is no doubt that this team needs some definite tweaking. There is nothing wrong with expressing opinions and being critical of things that you have passion for. But the CONSTANT negativity and bashing of certain players and coaches has gotten old in a hurry. I think some people just like the idea of seeing how many posts they have here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have a buddy who is a Steelers fan that whined about what the team did wrong even after SB wins. Some people just have a critical nature. They think they know how to "fix" things and want to make it known that they have the answer.

As for mock drafts, I don't really care for amateur football as much so I don't always know who the next young stud LG is anyway...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You get no apology. My question didn't break any board rules. I didn't claim you were a racist. It was a question and you answered it strongly in the reverse.

Grow a pair.
    You alleged I was a racist with such a question. Anymore of these kinds of assertions and you will have to deal with the banning. I stated NOTHING that would make one even question if I was a racist. I see no correlation between making the truthful statement that Tomlin became overweight and race.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You alleged I was a racist with such a question. Anymore of these kinds of assertions and you will have to deal with the banning.
    Notice I asked if you were a closet racist and did not STATE you were a closet racist. Big difference as to INTENT. Please try to keep up.

Oh no! I used a loser emoticon available to the board. I must have done something wrong. Please, please don't ban me droid.