Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In The First Round Of The NFL Draft The Steelers Select............

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

See Below V1.0
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan

or

OG Chance Warmack Alabama

RB Eddie Lacey in round 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    See Below V1.0
    ...and Ben misses at least 3 games due to injury because he has no OL to protect him. But hey, LeBeau gets lots of toys to play with and we will see them on the field in late 2014 or 2015.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan

or

OG Chance Warmack Alabama

RB Eddie Lacey in round 2
    Would love that!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers will take the BPA, but assuming that Lewis is resigned, I see the Steelers leaning towards a OLB, ILB, S, WR or OL, in no particular order, depending on who is available.

The Steelers have invested high picks in Gilbert, Adams, DeCastro and Pouncey and I think they're going to roll with those guys and Foster as the starters going into the season. I suspect that picks on the OL will be for depth, not starters.

The offense is in dire need of skill position players, especially if both Mendenhall and Wallace leave.

On the defensive side of the ball, I'd look for pass rushers and ball hawks, but would have to really consider Te'o if he is there. If there is a NT avaialble, it's tempting to pick Casey's replacement, but the bottom line is that Hampton played fewer snaps that Cortez Allen. If you find a guy who will be a moster in the middle, I'd consider him, but if not, I'd go with Hampton on a vet minimum contract, McClendon, and Te'amu/Fangupo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jeff Spicoli said it best "I don't know"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    OK with Okafor in Round 2, not Round 1.
    Okafor probably wouldn't be my pick. I believe the Steelers will love him though. He is a first round talent, not a second.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

...and Ben misses at least 3 games due to injury because he has no OL to protect him. But hey, LeBeau gets lots of toys to play with and we will see them on the field in late 2014 or 2015.
    The FO has invested a lot of picks in the O-Line, including 2 #1s and 2 #2s...throwing another #1 at it is going to be the difference?

Legend

User Info Menu

chance warmack...............and have rooney hire a competent OL coach

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I get it Ovi. And, I agree. We need more OL. The problem is that, imho, there are only three OL worth our first round pick. Joekel, Fisher, and Warmack. I believe all will be long gone before 17. So, unless we trade up, I don't think we will get one.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.