Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: It look like we are stuck with the boring playcalling of Haley....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    if Ben doesn't adjust (I really doubt it) then I question his heart and professionalism...the whining needs to stop now, be a professional and move on. Isn't that what's expected of us in the real world at our jobs?
    Some irony but.....
    We get this from a guy named "[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/member.php/2-costanza2k1"]costanza[/URL]"?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-15-2013 at 03:39 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Some irony but.....
    We get this from a guy named "[URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/member.php/2-costanza2k1"]costanza[/URL]"?
    You can also call me Art
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    We went 10-5-1, beat Cleveland in the play offs (to a Arians-run offense, coming way back from behind because Cleveland refused to rush the ball, allowing us to come back) and then lost to TN in a tight one. I think we got called for roughing the kicker or something like that, as I recall. The first two games of that season, both opponents (you guys and a Gruden-coached Raiders with Rich Gannon at QB) just passed the crap out of the ball, and made our once-feared D look inept, as the way to beat that D is to not waste downs on trying to rush the ball. Both of those teams made the D look like Swiss cheese. It's amazing that they made the play offs, with that trait being so exposed in the 1st two weeks.

LOL... maybe that's why Arians kept passing the ball? If the WR didn't drop a wide open pass in the flat we lose that game. Arians had the recipe... we just had renegade and a whole bunch of luck on our side.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If people are babies enough to be offended by that, then they deserve to be offended. Haley even said himself that there was nothing to apologize for. The media microscope will always be focused on every little thing based on who these guys are. That doesn't mean that clear thinking fans such as myself have to buy into their talking points.

$$

it amazes me how some 'fans' look at these things

sheesh, i remeber tom brady yelling at his OC on the sidelines during a game

chit happens

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    dreary, gray, dirty, rusty Western PA
    What year is it? Did I just go back in time to when the economy of he region was based almost entirely on the failing steel industry? You couldn't possibly be referring to a region now known for education, technology, health care, its cultural district, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What year is it? Did I just go back in time to when the economy of he region was based almost entirely on the failing steel industry? You couldn't possibly be referring to a region now known for education, technology, health care, its cultural district, etc.
    Welcome back to 1983, the year when unemployment in the area reached 18%, and two movies were made that told the entire country that the only way to make your dreams come true is by getting out (or staying out) of western Pennsylvania.

How self-centered of people to assume that time stops once they leave someplace. It wasn't my choice to leave, but when I go back I see enough things changing there (mostly for the better in the last five years) to know that time keeps going.

And the "eds and meds" bit is overstated too. There are tech jobs, finance jobs, energy jobs, pharmaceutical research jobs, engineering jobs, and even design jobs for companies like American Eagle Outfitters and rue21.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure why anyone would want Haley to leave. Up until game 9, Ben was having an MVP season and staying upright.
    Trolls are people too.