Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It look like we are stuck with the boring playcalling of Haley....

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm glad he's back. Ben will be fine. Some people like to make something out of nothing, IMO.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Continuity, combined with an offensive line coach whose blocking schemes and philosophy mesh with Haley, will only help the offense...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Continuity, combined with an offensive line coach whose blocking schemes and philosophy mesh with Haley, will only help the offense...
    I agree. Haley leaving and bring in another system would be the second worst possible thing that could happen to our offense right behind not improving the OL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where is this information coming from?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Depot, Dulac site.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    If your asking about him staying, Dulac said, Haley met with the Cardinals and demanded so much that its unlikely he will join their staff. From what I'm hearing, Ray Horton is their second choice if they faill to get who they want.
    Haley wants to stay here and I don't blame him. Going to the Cards is what I said in another thread.....waiting on death row for execution.
    That team is competing with A great 49er team, Seattle and even the Rams will get better. The cards have a piss poor Ol and no QB. they have a decent defense but thats about it. They will be firing coaches for years until they get help on that O-line and a QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stevie Wonder can see our OL sucks... it's not news people... if we can see it then the coaches damn sure see it and aren't doing enough to fix it. It's not a valid excuse.

I don't like Haley when you mix him in with the talent and QB we have...

Is he good? Probably..
    Would it work if Ben bought in? Definitely...
    Will Ben buy in? Doubt it..

I hate to sound like Wreck but I think we need to give Ben what he wants before his career is over. He made a ton of mistakes off the field and is an idiot half the time (lol) but the guy has 2 rings and 3 SB appearances... I think he should be able to tell Haley how he wants this offense to run. I hated 50 sack seasons but most of those ended with 10 to 12 wins and a playoff run.

Snail ball won't work with the WR's we have... you can go short if you have Boldin and Fitz like Haley had in AZ or run all day in KC if you have good RB's and a decent OL.

Can't do that here... we have these big bodies on the OL who can't move and our RB's our pedestrian behind them. Run run pass won't work...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-15-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

i am having a hard time figuring out how haleys offense is so much worse than arians?
    didnt haley's average more this year then arians last?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Is he good? Probably..
    Would it work if Ben bought in? Definitely...
    Will Ben buy in? Doubt it..
    This is my biggest concern about Haley. Rather than embracing him and his system, I get a sense that Ben is resistant and is not going to buy-in. And if the QB doesn't embrace the system, that's going to be a problem.

I generally liked Haley's offense early in the season. I thought it was going to develop more as the season went on, but that didn't seem to be the case. Of course, injuries played a significant part in the stagnation. I fully expected to see the power run game used to set up play action and the deep passing game, but it did not quite work out.

Later in the year, I disliked more of the calls. The goofy reverses and whatnot in bad situations, the third in short runs where Dwyer and Redman lined up across the river, etc. But I won't discount the good based on the bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hopefully the relationship between Haley and Ben evolves this offseason. These guys are stuck with each other and they need to be on the same page. AS true professionals that WANT to win, how can they not?