Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Truth of the matter with WR in 2012

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Yancy Thigpen, Ernie Mills, and Andre Hastings were a better stable of WRs than we have now.
    Very underrated. Yancey, when healthy - which was about ever other year - was a top 5 WR. He was outstanding, even if for only a few year. Mills and Hastings were solid if not spectacular. They also had Kordell Stewart playing WR that season, and he was a serious play maker playing that position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Yancy Thigpen, Ernie Mills, and Andre Hastings were a better stable of WRs than we have now.
    I cannot tell you how much I vehemently disagree with this...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I cannot tell you how much I vehemently disagree with this...
    I don't recall any of those guys dropping balls like Brown, Wallace and Sanders did this season, ever.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, no kidding...Plaxico will turn THIRTY-SIX during training camp. He caught all of THREE PASSES this season (and only one catch in games that meant anything). Yeah...he's the answer. For those who lament Mike Wallace's attitude, do you forget that Plaxico's attitude was worse back when he was 26?
    Yes, and Randy Moss is 35 probably headed to the Superbowl, and was a key on several plays for the Niners last week.
    If used correctly, there is no reason why Plax cannot contribute and be a part of the offense for the 2013 season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes, and Randy Moss is 35 probably headed to the Superbowl, and was a key on several plays for the Niners last week.
    If used correctly, there is no reason why Plax cannot contribute and be a part of the offense for the 2013 season.
    He can contribute and be a part of the offense. But counting on him as a starter, replacing the person who was counted on to be the #1 WR in the offense, is pure folly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Both of them at their peak.......Plex could not hold Moss' jock. And I was a supporter of keeping Plex before he was not retained, but Moss is one of the best we have seen in this generation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Very underrated. Yancey, when healthy - which was about ever other year - was a top 5 WR. He was outstanding, even if for only a few year. Mills and Hastings were solid if not spectacular. They also had Kordell Stewart playing WR that season, and he was a serious play maker playing that position.
    Agree that Thigpen was way underrated. I remember him making spectacular catches on balls thrown by Kordell that made KS look good. He did not get the recognition as he was never healthy after leaving the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3299818-74/season-receiver-steelers#axzz2I6bl5s20[/URL]

Another article worth reading about the WR's..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That wasn't a lack of effort...that was just being dumb...

When there is a loose football, just fall on it...he was so sure that it was an incomplete forward pass that he stupidly let it roll around in our endzone...

Brown works plenty hard and gives fantastic effort...now, he needs to play smarter...
    It looked like Brown tried to pick it up instear of falling on it or kicking it out of bounds. I'm not going to put too much blame on that play because we were manhandled all day. A bubble screen at the GL was a horrible idea..