Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since the Green Bay Super Bowl loss...

Backup

User Info Menu

Since the Green Bay Super Bowl loss...

I have been in Football Heck!!

SB losses as most of you know hurt---they hurt really bad. Not only that it was like we gave them that game with the Ben Pick for a TD and the Mendy fumble with the momentum changed.

Well the next year we go 12-4 only to have to travel to Denver and lose to Tim Tebow in the first rnd of the Playoffs. (and watch the replays of the final play then next year and a half) I swear I can be watching the Blue Jays and the Indians highlights in July and they (SC) will fit that replay in.

ok...new year. We start off the year losing to the same team we lost to in the playoffs the season before....slow start then get to 6-3. Ben GOES DOWN! Still if we go 3-4 and Beat the Bungles we can get in. Welcome 8-8 and the game I have tix to the Browns is meaningless. Out of the playoffs.

To top it off... The two teams I hate the most are in the Championship game again---Rats and Pats with a possible Harbough vs Harbough SB in place.

Tell me there is hope to come---One thing keeps me going: Our 6 SB trophies and all of our success in recent years. That will and has started to run out though. Its Time to get back to Steeler football which is championship Football!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What gets me about that Super Bowl loss, I don't believe Rodgers is as good as advertised. For all the talk they have about him he isn't exactly collecting the Super Bowl rings or trips. The Steelers pretty much gift wrapped the Super Bowl for the Packers and I'm not complianing that we lost but, how we lost.
    Prior to that loss and back to the last Super Bowl win our defense was on the decline in the secondary. It was even being abused a couple of three games of the regular season that year in my opinion.
    I remember Kemoateu causing us points, Ben throwing interception, Mendenhall fumbling as of why we lost. I actually thought Arians had a pretty good game plan.

Ever since Ben got shown up in the media or has become the nice guy everyone pushed for, he lost his game at that point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey Rodger, Discount double Check
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-15-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    The Steelers pretty much gift wrapped the Super Bowl for the Packers and I'm not complianing that we lost but, how we lost.
    Two of the three turnovers that game were directly the result of piss-poor blocking.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Two of the three turnovers that game were directly the result of piss-poor blocking.

you got that right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanders getting hurt didn't help our game play one bit. Where was this SB played because I remember a LOT of injuries that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sanders getting hurt didn't help our game play one bit. Where was this SB played because I remember a LOT of injuries that game.
    Think the big stadium with the big star and the big scoreboard...the house that Jerry built...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Think the big stadium with the big star and the big scoreboard...the house that Jerry built...
    Thanks...I tried to forget everything about that game. I bet Jerry put a few concrete slabs under the turf for that game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Arians planned for a lot of 3-wide in that game, but when Manny Sanders went down, Antonio Brown wasn't prepared to step in and fill his shoes adequately (he didn't know more than one WR position at that time, which limited what we were able to do without Sanders available).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember hearing Arians say he had a game plan for Sanders... I heard about Brown not knowing a position last year and that made Wallace move but I didn't hear about the SB year...